The brief rain shower we had two days ago
brought my Hydrangea into bloom;)))
Aren't these big blowsy flowerheads just beautiful !!
their whites are SO WHITE--against the
deep green leaves....
can view it from our living room back window
as we sit there for our daily cocktail hour
and chat...
What a lovely sight π
**********************
My African Violet has just finished
a huge spate of blooming
and there are now just a few
little blooms left
or if I will have to wait while it
rests up...?????
****************************
And Kawandi
aka "Daughter of Dark Days"
is also
in Flower:
↴↴↴↴
I finished pinning all the patches in
place--not the usual pin as you go
method, but I don't care for that
piecemeal way of construction...
So....
I added this lovely floral fabric as the central
motif...and got everything
placed....
As I work around--each
round gets shorter and shorter
and the stitching
moves along faster...
You can see the spiraling stitches move
in the rectangular shape...
here is the warm end
And..
Using varied colored threads makes the lines
appear and disappear depending on the
fabric colors as I move along...
toward the central portion....
************************
We are still in a heat
and humidity wave here
in our SE CT shoreline...
But....
They predict showers on Thursday
followed by a cool front moving over us...
I sincerely hope so!!
πΊπΉπΏπ©
Hope those of you suffering in this heat
can stay cool
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(Kawandi-ing-along-euse)








Feeling better each week now--just a few intervals of leftover lingering symptoms....from Lyme Disease and Anaplasma infections...thankfully;)))
ReplyDeleteWow your hydrangea is magnificent as is your violet. You have a green thumb, Julierose. What a delight to see your progress on the Kawandi. The use of variegated thread is perfect . I am so glad to hear that you are making improvements each week. I wish you a lovely week. Hugs
ReplyDeleteThat hydrangea is just beautiful, Julierose! I've never tried growing one of those, but I love them. The Kawandi project is looking great, too! Such pretty color!
ReplyDeleteYour hydrangeas are so lovely! A violet has done well too. The kantha stitched runner looks like a fun project, I can tell you re enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful blooms you get to enjoy! That quilting piece sure does make me smile with all that joyful color. Your stitching looks lovely. So glad you are on the mend. I hope a cool down comes soon for you. It is crazy hot down here too.... it was still feels like 100 at 10PM a couple hours after the sun went down. Just plum crazy!
ReplyDeleteEverything it seems is flowering beautifully at your place; even the fabrics. Your hydrangea is beautiful. I can't wait until mine begin to flower again. How wonderful to look out the window and see all those pretty white flowers. Love, love, love your Kawandi. 'Tis blooming with fabulous colour and your stitching in the variegated thread is perfect. I hope you continue to feel better with each new day.
ReplyDeleteI envy you the beautful hydrangea. I can't grow them because of the deer. Your violet should continue to send up some bloom. give it some liquid fertilizer. Mine bloom for months sometimes.
ReplyDeletePat
Your hydrangea is so pretty! I love the huge blooms.
ReplyDeleteYou have a nice color flow in your Kawandi.
Glad to hear you are improving. What a gorgeous hydrangea. Your mention of cocktails reminds me of summers we would enjoy a glass of homemade wine on the deck and enjoy all our potted plants. I love your kawandi. I have the urge to start another. I made one with rose fabrics and used damask tablecloth for back and no batting. I kind of did like you and pinned but not the whole thing..just rounds. I have another tablecloth and floral scraps for next one when it gets cooler.
ReplyDeleteI have noticed the hydrangeas around town are beyond spectacular this year. Must be ideal growing conditions for them.
ReplyDeleteI used to grow all kinds of African violets at our previous house but they all die here. I finally came to the conclusion it's because our apartment faces east and they just don't like those light conditions (our house faced north/south).
Your kawandi is stunning!! I love it so much. I am inspired to do another one but then I stop and think that I have nowhere to put it and I also doubt that my stash would lend itself to much other than greens and possibly some blues. Not that there's anything wrong with those colours but it would look more lively with some brights in there. Will have to watch the 'free' table at the quilt guild in the fall and see if I can pick up some candidates.
Beautiful flowers, both inside and outside! Everything seems to be blossoming in this heat although I feel as though I'm wilting! Your Kawandi piece is really coming along. I love how your stitching adds that lovely texture. Beautiful work! Stay cool!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so enjoying seeing this Kawandi piece of yours, Julierose. And your lovely hand stitches. It sounds like a relaxing kind of stitching project too. Lovely Hydrangeas too.
ReplyDeleteI love that gorgeous floral patch, it adds just the right touch.
ReplyDeleteYou alreay know hydrangeas are my favorite! Your is looking very nice and healthy after the rain. We've had heavy rains lately and one of my hydrangeas and laying almost flat. I hope it picks back up. I used to have African Violets in Florida. I love the color of yours and the pretty pot and saucer. The Kawandi projects is moving right along. Love that big stitch you do. I hope you got the cooler weather.
ReplyDelete