About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, July 31, 2025

SUNRISE, SUNSET= A FLIMSY

 

Finally a flimsy...

Here are a few of the little "fussy cuts"
in here:
Ladies...

Little bonnet fairy girl...

Little Pink bunny,,,

Baby Fairy girl...

I cannot get over how much difference the
pinks in this version of 
"Blues in the Night" made...
I shouldn't be surprised, but I am
at the totally different vibe...
And....

I want to make more of these to scatter
across the backing...

******************************
I am resting my hands from slow stitching
on Kawandi-aka 
"Daughter of Dark Days"
  and Christmas Ojos
for a few days...
***********************
Here are few funny notes from DH to 
remind me to get up and walk around:


and
The RULES:
(can you tell he was a teacher???hahaha)

******************************
We are still in a heat wave here today--
no cool front or thunder storms in
sight as yet....
fingers crossed that we will be getting
the predicted relief...
S O O N....

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(resting-a-bit-euse)


P.S.  Don't you just Love this 
quilt by Terry Mangat I just saw
on Youtube???

What a perfect project for all my solids,
don't you think????
💖💙💚💛💜

 








13 comments:

  1. Mostly drooling over Roxy's Journal of Stitchery Vol. 8 versions on Youtube ...no no no no--I DO NOT NEED yet another hand stitched project ....walk away, close it out of your mind....S I G H ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL your husband is a hoot! How sweet that he is taking care of you. He intends for you to rest your hands. You don't want to get on mowing duty. LOL. Your quilt is darling, Julierose. It is amazing how changing the colors makes quilts look so different. You always have the sweetest fabrics too. Enjoy your day and thanks for the giggles. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pink version is a delight! I love this block and how you use your fabric collection.

    Solids idea is interesting. Have you seen the colorwork by https://tarafaughnan.com/

    The weather is so oppressive, the cooling storms never come. I opened the house today despite 81* when I got up, I am suffocating in this closed dank air-conditioning. Sorry, summer whining....
    love
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your husband is taking good care of you! I love your Sunrise Sunset with those adorable little surprises added! That quilt in solids sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet that your husband is concerned and wants to remind you to take care of yourself. My husband wouldn't even notice. The sunrise/sunset piece is so nice. Thanks for pointing out all the fussy cutting - that purple piece is very intriguing. The Terry Mangat piece looks like it would be fun to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You better abide by those rules, or else!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors/fabrics in Sunrise, Sunset.
    I don't think you will forget to rest your hands and limit your sewing time with all of the notes reminding you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the notes from your husband. Nice fussy cutting on the latest finish. We went from the 90's to a high of 65 degrees today with light rain on and off (I'm in western NY near Rochester).
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your husband has a neat sense of humor and he's looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came here to see your beautiful finish but I always get MORE when I visit your blog. LOVE the signs your husband made for you!!!! Yes, I can tell that he was a TEACHER!!! Now follow the rules, Julierose!

    Earlier this week the temps here in Ohio were in the low 90's. It was all the reason I needed to spend a few hours in the pool. Then we got some much needed gentle rain yesterday morning. This morning it was only 56 degrees!!! I'm glad my husband shut the bathroom window. Looking for some nice, 76 degree days. Woohoo!!! Maybe I will pull some weeds in that flowerbed? We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your husband is a gem!!! It's obvious he loves you.
    The pink flimsy looks great. I'm not normally a huge fan of pink but I like the contrast of the lights and darks throughout. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely a pink delight! I love “reading” your quilts to see how many prints I recognize or don’t have. I especially like the one with the faces which I never seen before. Hope you are feeling well/better. It’s nice to have a thoughtful husband, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sunrise Sunset is a cute top. I love all of the fussy cut fabrics. Tom has quite a sense of humor. #4 You don't want to know. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.