About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, August 1, 2025

SUNRISE, SUNSET, et al

 

I chose fabrics and sewed up the 
backing for "Sunrise. Sunset"
this morning...
That golden paisley is the
Sunrise and
the fantastique animals
 are watching the Sunset 
and
getting ready for their 
nighttime 
rest....

This piece will have to wait for
me to cut batting and layer it up
as I am using my table for 
finishing up my 
Kawandi stitching...

I am moving along to the center--it is
getting a bit 
"humpy-bumpy: though ;(((
the batting inside seems to have
shifted around a bit...
I am hoping that the stitching will
just make it look like more
texture!! ????

***************************
Supper this evening is leftover
bbq'd steak in a gravy-- 
a la Chef Tom--
served over mashed potatoes
and with steamed broccoli 
as our side veggie...

I hope your upcoming weekend is
a happy and productive one...
**********************
Oh and BTW:
I have been down the Youtube
Rabbit Hole and
seen just so many lovely
projects--
S I G H ....
πŸ˜•πŸ˜–πŸ˜”πŸ˜“πŸ˜’πŸ˜

[Who said they were only going to
finish WIPS in August?--Huh???]

I really really loveπŸ’“ 
Ann Wood's 
"100 Day Stitch Book Project"
If you click on this pix you can see her URL 
at the top so you can visit her site...
I am SOOOOOO 
Tempted...
She even shows a new-to-me 
method of putting the finished
fabric book together...
S I G H....
As you all know ....
My track record with long 
term projects is not a
good one, for sure--
{to put it mildly!!}

eg: "Dark Days" has been
abandoned as is and I will
bind it into a table topper
to mention one...but 
I did learn a lot...

S I G H...

Stay tuned to see if I can
not be tempted....?????

Hugs,
Julierose,
La Blageuse
(trying-to-stay-on-course-euse)






13 comments:

  1. Visiting You tube--you didn't really think I could stay away, did you?
    Watching "Railway Cottage" put together her masterpiece of hand work....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't sign up for long term projects anymore. It's too much pressure. I love each picture of your Kwandi. You have selected such delightful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The challenge sounds like fun but I know myself well enough to know I'd make it to about day 11 and fall off the wagon. I steer very clear of Youtube because I know I'd fall down the rabbit hole and never find my way out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a link for some--many! autumn leaf quilts: https://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com/2011/09/free-pattern-day-autumn-leaves.html

    Your backing is beautiful, not the expected pink at all.

    I no longer do sewalongs for long projects either. And am trying so hard to only do small quilts as I plan for Winter of 26.Your boundless creativity inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making great progress on the Kawandi stitching. They usually end up looking kind of rippled so you should be OK.
    I have too many ideas of my own to join any sewalongs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julierose you work with the most beautiful fabrics. I love the ones you chose for your backing. I think all of the stitching will add lots of texture to your quilt. I do love your kawandi and how it is coming along. Oooh another temptation. Sounds exciting. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those long term projects are a great chance to try new things.... and who says you need to 'finish' things? Enjoy the process where ever it takes you. Dinner sounds yummy. I need to look through the fridge and figure out clear out meals for the weekend. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Confucius say "she who goes down the rabbit hole, will be tempted". =) You do make me smile, Julierose. Texture is a good thing, right?? Your Kawandi stitching is looking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm catching up on blogs after being away from home for a few days. Sunrise, Sunset is a beauty, Julierose! I love how you pieced the backing, too. Love those signs from your hubby - they made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I fall down the Youtube Rabbit Hole regularly. Then I kind of burn out. Right now I'm chasing a 1,000 piece jig saw rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy you are feeling better and making progress on different projects. The YouTube rabbit hole is very deep and filled with temptations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the back for your Sunrise, Sunset. Such beautiful peach/coral fabrics (though I understand what I see may not be what you see as far as colors).
    Your supper sounds delicious. I'd be happy to eat meat and potatoes every night if I could. (I grew up in a family with that preference.)
    Ann Wood's work is delightful, from her stitch books to her daily drawings to her little dolls, their clothes, and all their supplies to give them a fun life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. I was going to comment on how delightful your fussy cut fabrics are. I love those little fairy faces!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.