I've decided on the raspberry fabric for the
first border; I want to add another
border that will be pieced...deciding
on a pattern
and using scraps again...
Thanks πso much for all of you who
gave me their favorite of the four
choices--I am hoping to incorporate
some of those other 3 fabrics in the
next border...
*****************************
File under "No New Projects--until
I finish
my WIPS month":
Well,.....
My excuse for beginning this spider web
is that I am actually "using up" all
the leftover pinks and peaches from
"Sunrise, Sunset"!! πππ
instead of stuffing them in a bag
to be forgotten....
Really, I can rationalize almost
anything when it comes to
"starting" a new "must make"
quilt. π²
Also, I've made 3 other Spiders and
they were all gifted...and
I ALSO found a trove of
LEFTOVER
Wacky Web papers from those
projects--
So, in my mind, at least,
this is re-using and recycling
[and ... JUST A FUN project hahaha.]
These are such fun to sew...with the
limited fabrics leftover that went together
so well on SS, I figure they should all
play well together...
***********************
I am continuing with
my hand quilting on Christmas Ojos--
on the last round of blocks--
not too many left;)))
But I am on a few days of rest
for my hands and shoulders...
[hence another excuse--uh-- "need" to
make the Spider Web ;)))]
πππ
***************************
We finally got some rain overnight
.01" --big whup!! π§North and West
of us received tons of rain...
It is a steamy 73.9 degrees
with a dewpoint
of 73.3--like a huge
SAUNA out there...ugh!!
Stay cool...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(spinning-away-euse)


Not much reading these days--mostly viewing You Tube videos on quilting....
ReplyDeleteWe got a teeny bit of rain but it sure wasn't enough to do any good. We haven't had rain in nearly two months and it's getting dire. Oddly, only about 20 miles north of us got a nice downpour. We seem to live in a pocket that doesn't get the moisture other areas do.
ReplyDeleteThe raspberry border looks great, Julierose. The fabrics in spider web are so pretty. I follow your rationalizing...nothing wrong with that. We've had rain for days! I'm ready for some sunshine.
ReplyDeleteOooh the raspberry border is yummy, Julierose! I am looking forward to seeing what you do next. Oh my, what a gorgeous spider web in the works. The colors sing to my heart! The weather sounds stifling; do stay in and cool, sweet friend. The sun has peek out from the clouds here- looks to be a muggy day. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThe raspberry border is beautiful! The outer border plans sound interesting. Love your other projects, the spiderweb is so great, looks fun.
ReplyDeleteWe had one loud clap of thunder that I missed being online w vet about wrong pills for Mo, and rain sprinkles. We need a big downpour and some drizzly days, but no. Not til November I guess.
Don't over do!
The raspberry border is really pretty! It pulls out that color from the print in the leaves. I love those spider web blocks, too! Are those paper-pieced? They sure make a fun design!
ReplyDeleteWe got close to 2" of rain last night. The thunder and lightning went on quite a while. Both my cats were hiding under the couch! It's just so darn hot today. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather. I'm so glad you chose the raspberry, it looks great! I love the spider webs! So fun!! Stay cool and take care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteOooh, the spider webs -- wonderful colors. The complement the raspberry/orange maple leaves. There are soooo many quilting videos. Do you have any favorites?
ReplyDeleteAqua greens with those pretty pinks...a winning combination for sure, Julierose. Very neat design too.
ReplyDeleteA girl after my own heart rationalizing things! Sounds reasonable to me. Would you believe I've never made a spider web quilt? Hmm. Might have to look that up and play....
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely way to 'use it up', I love the mix of pink & peach π
ReplyDeleteRaspberry for the win! Those colors are just so beautiful. And yes, you "need" to make the spider web. It will save you cleaning and tidying only to find those scraps and decide to make it down the road someday. You got on it! And it's looking great.
ReplyDelete