"Gathered Blessings"
I finished embroidering and
have now bordered this piece
for layering...
[the panel is by
Kathy Schmitz
which you can see
across the bottom if
you click it]
This lovely cherries border fabric
was a gift from Wanda..
...thank you💗...
I have pulled this smaller piece
and the one below as my next
August finish those WIPs
projects. I want to get them
ready for quilting...
↓↓↓↓
I call this "Little Handbaskets"
...
(Tom says : "Going to
H### in a handbasket"
haha always the comedian!]
I have yet to cut out
those green block fabrics
behind the bottom basket parts--
I will use my duckbills for that...
they were a Christmas gift long
ago from my Mom...
***********************
We have been in a "bad air quality alert"
from the Canadian wildfires here for
the past few days....and today the
skies are still clouded with smoke--
but there is no acrid smell today
so perhaps it is moving away....
******************************
"Sunrise, Sunset" is all pin basted
and will await its turn for hand quilting
until I have finished
"Christmas Ojos"
I am working on the outer row of blocks
the last ones;)))
Here is how the back looks:
I like how the pattern is coming out here;)))
*************************
This is how things stand here right now...
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(gettin'-those-'WIP's"- moving -along-euse)





Trying to re-organize my stash a bit--not much reading...
ReplyDeleteNice work and progress on those WiPs, Julierose. The stitches on Gathered Blessings are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteGathered Blessings is beautiful, Julierose! I have always wanted to stitch that one - does it come as a printed panel? That makes it so much easier! I love your Little Handbaskets, too. (I think Tom is referring to the times we live in, yes?:) Smoky skies here in Colorado, too. Enjoy all your stitching!
ReplyDeleteI love embroideries in quilts!
ReplyDeleteYou're making great progress on some really great quilts! That smoke has been awful. I thought it was supposed to go away the other day but it's still here!!
ReplyDeleteI think going to h-e-double-hockey sticks in a handbasket must be common to both our DH's.
ReplyDeleteI love your little embroideries and that cheery cherry fabric is perfect for a border.
Such lovely projects!
ReplyDeleteSo many pretties in the works, Julierose. Your Gathered Blessings quilt is adorable and you know I love the baskets- ( I do need to start a new one myself. Hee Hee! ) . The quilting on Christmas Ojos is gorgeous! Wow what a beauty! Enjoy your day. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteYou have a bunch of projects on their way to finishes. I'm glad the cherry fabric finally got used and it looks great on that project.
ReplyDeleteWonderful small projects! I rem the redwork, and such a pretty ''perfect for Julie" print for the border. The Baskets seem unfamiliar, but so adorable. Love how you use your eclectic fabric collection.
ReplyDeleteOjos texture is amazing, gorgeous.
here's a maybe fun link, antique quilts so beautifully displayed for sale: https://www.flyinggeese.co/quilts/the-rainbow-treasury
Great progress on your beautiful WIP's! Love 'Gathered Blessings', it's so pretty. Love your other projects too. Sorry about the smoke from the wildfires in Canada, hope it clears up soonest.
ReplyDeleteI so enjoy seeing all your projects, Julie Rose and you are like me, we enjoy the variety. Ojos is absolutely gorgeous, btw. I need to now do smaller projects which just might aid me getting them finished.
ReplyDeleteLove those little baskets. (I've heard that saying a lot!)
ReplyDelete