My "Itsy Bitsy Spider" piece is all
sewn--[just pinned up on the wall
in the orientation I will use].
(I would love a bigger version, but
my arms and shoulders say
"Nay, Nay"!!)
I had such fun piecing this on these
[purchased from MSQCo online]
{for whoever asked how I pieced it?}
⇊⇊⇊⇊
I made my own template for the centers (green fabrics)
and pieced the strips on either side to make
that web...;
plus, I used my leftover strips from
my "Sunrise, Sunset" piece
that is now ready
to be quilted...
😏
[Stand in line with all the others!!]
BUT.....L 👀👀 K↓↓↓
at all the strips still to be used up...
So....
I have begun making strip sets
for some future use,
I don't want these hanging around
in a baggie and
forgotten forever!!
If they are pre-sewn together there
is a better chance they will get used..
at least that is my thinking right now..
*********************
And, for those of you interested in our
tomato-growing
experiment
here is the first picking:
👀
Not too shabby, huh?
Altho', I did find that we lost a lot
to "bottom rot" (???)
And why, I have no idea...
{Don't you love my new little "treat" for myself of
that adorable little chicken salt cellar-- Right
below my Grand-mere's
blueware jug that holds cooking
utensils???😉}
I am surprised that we harvested
that many tomatoes
as we've had virtually no rain at all
this Summer
and have had to rely on
watering ourselves...
Here are my plants now
and the new little
greening tomatoes...
and
here too
"Pasta Julianna"
--so dubbed by my DH...;)))
A delish dish using spinach and onions sauteed
in V. Olive Oil along with the diced tomatoes and
then mixed with a pkg. of
cooked Fusilli pasta...
served with grated Parmesano..
😋😋😋.
Y U M M E E !!!
*************************
I hope you are enjoying these fleeting
(if still really hot)
days of Summer; who can believe
it's already halfway through
AUGUST?
In 1 and 1/2 weeks the school year
will begin once again.
And....
Despite being retired for over
20 years now, we still seem to follow the
school calendar...
Do you do that too????
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(still-spinning-euse)
P.S.
All your comments went to spam--but i think it is fixed now...







Crossowords, crosswords, and more crossword puzzling going on here until my latest Hamish MacBeth mystery arrives...;)))
ReplyDeleteI would never have thought to use the green centers with the pink strings, but it really works. Nice tomato haul. We had a bit of rain (very little, it went all around us again) and it's supposed to be cooler for a few days. I have a ton of stuff that needs doing.
ReplyDeletePat
Your tomatoes look delicious! I just finished canning 7 quarts of mine with many more on the plants that will be ready in the coming weeks. They're so great for stews in the middle of winter that way! The bottom rot I think is a calcium deficiency in the soil. I had that last year and this year saved a few egg shells in the spring that I crushed up and sprinkled around the base of the newly planted plants. I'm not sure if it's too late this year, but it also seems that the early ones have it worst. The spider blocks look great - I love them in a controlled palette.
ReplyDeleteLove the spider web quilt. Those tomato's look great. I'm going to 'try' a garden again in September and see what happens. Hopefully not just weeds... although I am really good at growing those!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great tomato harvest! I had bottom rot on all of the tomatoes on one plant 2 years ago, none of the others had any problems. It's hard to figure out when they are all in the same area, getting the same amount of rain or watering.
ReplyDeleteThank you for showing those Wacky Web triangle papers! That was me who was interested in how to piece the spider web blocks. I think I will order some! I love your green and pink blocks - such a pretty color combination. And look at those tomatoes - wow! I'm still waiting for all the green ones to start ripening. Your dinner tonight sounds yummy!
ReplyDeleteIndeed, your tomatoes are not too shabby at all! I bet they taste delicious. Home grown tomatoes are the bees knees. As for Itsy Bitsy Spider....oh.....it's gorgeous. Divine fabrics! I can see a huge quilt with this pattern and those fabrics. =) Enjoy eating your Pasta Juliana. Yummo!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tomatoes!! Have you thought about using your leftover strip strata and making a table runner similar to Wanda's recent one (strata cut into squares and laid out as rail fence)? Such pretty colors.
ReplyDeleteItsy Bitsy looks great! Although I'm not normally a fan of pink I like it against the pretty greens you used.
ReplyDeleteThe RC chopped down our four roma tomato plants because every single tomato had blossom end rot and he was fed up with hauling water to something that wasn't going to produce any harvest. (your new chicken is adorable btw!).
And yes, it's so hard to believe that it's the middle of August already. I'm not ready for summer to end.
Garden-fresh tomatoes -- yummm! And your spiderweb blocks -- pink fleurs amid green feuilles. Another beautiful garden.
ReplyDeleteYes, definitely doing well with the tomato growing, Julierose, I'm envious! Also doing great with the stitching too. Interesting ruler template there. Joining strips for future use is a great idea too. Take Care, J
ReplyDeleteI love the pinks and greens in Itsy Bitsy Spider. Those strips seem to multiply, don't they? Nice crop of tomatoes and your Pasta Julianna sounds absolutely delicious!!
ReplyDeleteThe Spider webs are so pretty. I wish your shoulders felt good enough to make it bigger like you want. Your new salt cellar is very cute. The tomatoes look delicious.
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to try this block. I love the scrappiness of the spiderweb block. Our tomatoes have yet to turn red. They're all still very green!!!
ReplyDelete