I worked on off-
setting "Posies" flowers
this morning...
Next I will be
appliqueing the centers and
then
sewing blocks into rows...
**********************
My latest hand quilting is
an older small
piece I call:
"Pineapple Welcome"
I had buttonhole stitched
this pineapple in place and
will now be stitching around it...
It was a quick pinning job and then
out onto the back deck to begin
the first line of quilting...
with radiating lines using
some older
Valdani variagated beige/cream
perle 8 cotton thread
I had leftover from another
project.
I really love working on that Morris fabric
background --so soft and forgiving...
It was simply gorgeous
out on our deck this morning--
coffee and bagels accompanied
us and then I began my quilting..
By 10 a.m. the humidity came in for
a while sending us inside...
later this afternoon the
ocean breezes during the tide
turning kept us cool enough to
sit out for our
"Cocktail Hour"...
Tomorrow is forecasted to be rainy
but we shall see...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(working-on-small-UFO-
pieces-during-
June-euse)



Reading "Death on the Prowl" by Ann Granger
ReplyDeleteN.B. DNF-ed :"The last of Kira Mullan" just too
troubling and scarey for me...
Well we were supposed to have that rain today and it turned out to be nothing, a total of .15". After a cold wet spring, we could use a little moisture to help the newly planted things get off to a good start. You are certainly making good progress on finishing up older projects. And I really like your Posey quilt from yesterday, too.
ReplyDeletePat
Coffee, bagels and deck stitching sounds delightful. Are you able to see the ocean from your home? I can imagine the sweet smell of the ocean breeze. Oooh I just love the pretty patch of posies. I really like the solid bands of fabric to offset the blocks. Happy quilting, sweet friend . Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI love Posies! Your idea worked great! I like how you'll be hand quilting your pineapple. Nice work! It got humid up here too. I stayed indoors once again!
ReplyDeleteThe posies are fantastic. Great fabrics. I love the leaves.
ReplyDeleteThe pineapple is a cute project to stitch. Great fun to stitch on it from your deck. It sounds wonderful. Isn't it fun to use up leftover stuff from other projects just to make more creative things? Ahhh. So relaxing. Enjoy.
Your version of the setting for Posies is "just right" -- we are expecting rain today. time will tell.
ReplyDeleteYour Posies look great with their plain rectangles offsetting them, Julierose! I love the pineapple project, too. Hope you get those ocean breezes to take away the humidity today!
ReplyDeleteI like your Posies setting! If your rain forecast is like ours, in the end, nothing will come of it. The storms split or move south.
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty, I like the offset posies setting.
ReplyDeleteYour posies are gorgeous 😍! What a beautiful garden you created. Glad you were able to enjoy some sunshine on the porch.
ReplyDeleteI do so love your posies!! I like that you decided to make the joining 'bits' plain so the posies shine.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful bouquet you've gathered! Enjoy the deck before the mosquitoes come out.
ReplyDeletePosies is lovely. The stars are NOT needed and actually in my opinion, do not fit with your sweet elegant vibe. BUT--PINEAPPLE! You know how I love pineapple quilts. This must be an oldie and oh how I love it. It's wonderful. That closet of unfinshed projects is filled with treasues for you.
ReplyDeleteyour posies are so pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteLoving your projects - but particularly your 'posies' quilt which has inspired me to start a similar 'snowball' type block from a pattern called 'Blossom' that I've seen. Nice to hear that you've been enjoying some deck time with your hand quilting. It sounds very relaxing! x
ReplyDelete