About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, June 5, 2026

POSIES, et al

 

I have all 12 Posie blocks sewn...
now to decide how I want to set them..

Here is the pattern setting:
Now, I definitely  am no fan of "stars"--
cutting or sewing--- etc...so...
I may just make 1/2 width plain bars to
offset these
blocks in the background white...

[the star blocks are the same width as
the leaf blocks in the pattern]--
OR
sash them with cornerstones...

i will leave these up and "tinker" for a bit...

And in the meantime I will bind
Lollipops while I am pondering ...


****************************
Here is a closer look at the centers I chose:



******************************
We will be watching Formula One (F1) 
racing in Monaco this weekend...
starting today with practice
runs 1 &2 ....

Hugs for a wonderful weekend...
sunny and hot here today...
we hear lawn mowers all
around us so will be
inside for a while...

hugs, Julierose
La Blaguese,
(pondering-euse)






15 comments:

  1. Reading: "The Last days of Kira Mullan" by
    Nicci French...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy, Julierose! Your posies are beautiful! I love the centers you have chosen, they look much better than the 'stars'. Have fun watching F1! (Not my thing to watch).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The posies are looking great so far, Julierose. While I don't mind stars, I don't think they really 'go' with the posies. They are used in so few spaces that I think your initial idea of replacing them with plain bars will work great. It is sunny and hot here as well. I have one errand to run after work then I'll be inside packing for our trip...finally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posies! I've been following your and Lizzy's progress on these and loving them more and more each time I see them. May just have to ditch the boring stuff and make one myself. In due time ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posies turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty patch of posies! I just adore them, Julierose. The colors are so dreamy. I agree with Jeanna; the plain bars will look so lovely . Enjoy watching the races, sweet friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Posies looks so adorable. Your choices for then centers are so ood.

    Too bad about the lawn mowers. Here they repaved our small parking area, omg that reek of tar. I too was forced indoors.

    enjoy the weekend!
    love
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS Your book this week sounds challenging. Let me know how it goes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posies are beautiful, Julierose! I love how you fussy cut the centers, too. I think plain bars to offset the flower rows would work just fine. It is hot here in Colorado also -record high temps this weekend, they've just been saying on the weather report! 🥵

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I love these posies. Such pretty fabrics for both petals and centers. Nice work1

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had a closeup of your centers. They're perfect and add so much interest. I like the idea of plain bars instead of stars. I think it's quicker and will look nicer. Enjoy the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a great assortment of fabrics in your posies. I'm with you on dealing with stars. I'm sure you will come up with a charming setting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought yellow centres for your flowers would be the way to go but how wrong I was! What you've chosen is SO much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the idea of neutral half bars for the staggered look (am not a fan of stars, either). Wonderful center choices.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.