I have been working on pages in my
"Trader Joe's Pita Crackers Box"
Junque Journal [ TJPCBJJ ]
the past couple days--
a little at a time...
Above I added a zig-zag-stitched
sari silk ribbon along the edge
of that half-page...
And here is the following double page spread
that has
journaling pocket cards...
On these pages, I used distress sprays, glitter glues,
old photos, stamps, and on the right page pocket
[bordered with gold roses washi tape]--
I did some encaustic (wax drips) work on a
prepped index card...
That was a fun experiment--I've never
worked with dripping wax from a candle
with my little mini iron before...π
It was fun seeing how it worked..
I made four in total...
These pages took a few
days to put together...
and I had
such fun working on them...
********************
Helga and I sewed
the first row of "Posies sewn together
vertically and
machine appliqued the center circles...
Three more rows to go....;)))) then
I can put it together...
This is such a relaxing and fun
project. I highly recommend
Jan Patek's pattern which is still
available on her website...
And I have yet to make any decisions about
adding the borders ...
I do like her narrow stop border and may
opt to also do that on mine...
***********************
The heat and humidity has finally reached us
today--as you can see from our
Ambient weather station.
This little gem sits on the top of my bookcase to the right of
where I sit in my recliner in our side tv room...
We are real "weather junkies, both my
Sweet Baboo and I, and so we are always checking on
predictions etc. We have the app that goes along
with this on our phones, so we can always keep
tabs on our local weather...
ππππππ
πππ
along with our local high and low tides....
It's the little things that make our
lives wonderful, isn't it???
π«π―π
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Since it is so hot today I am
cooking our supper in the slow cooker:
boiled potatoes with
fried cabbage and
steamed carrots...
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(stitching-and-crafting-euse)






Next up in crafting my True Trash Junky Journal.....
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I have a unit similar to yours on top of the mirror in the bathroom We each have a different weather app on our phones. He has the local TV station and I have the Weather Channel. It was 46 degrees
ReplyDelete(7 celsius) this morning which is really cool for June around here. I would love to keep track of the tides. Sigh~ Land locked here.
Dinner sounds lovely, very St P's day! [gonna ''kill'' your tummy tho. Hope I m wrong.]
ReplyDeleteI finally looked up Sweet Baboo, thing=king, Does Tom just hate that name?--I had no idea of the context, so cute.
Your journal is beautiful, so creative. NOT a junjkk journal.
Sytill cool here, that ocean breeze.
Your journals are always so full of your creativity. I love to see them. I like how Posies is coming along. You'll be done in no time! It was so hot and humid today that I opted to stay indoors with the AC. How did we go to almost putting on the heat a few weekends ago to this????
ReplyDeleteI like your version of "Posies" without the stars.
ReplyDeleteDinner sounds yummy! I love your posies! Such a fun quilt. Glad you are able to craft and enjoy it. My parents have that weather station as well. We all like tracking weather i think. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteI have been playing with paper and glue lately. We have some heat heading our way but that humidity is not fun.
ReplyDeleteBoth the journal and the patchwork are wonderful! Stay cool, if you can....
ReplyDeleteYour Junque Journal looks fascinating, Julierose! A fun project for hot and humid days. The Posies are beautiful - that's going to be a sweet quilt!
ReplyDeleteI know I've said before that you're the queen of junk journaling and I stand by it.
ReplyDeleteI think your posies look better without the stars from the original design. In this case less is more.
Your journal is absolutely fantastic; it’s packed with great ideas and beautiful craftsmanship.
ReplyDeleteAnd I like the Charming Posies pattern—it’s going to be a lovely quilt... I would leave out the stars, too.
Happy Sunday!
Hug Viola
It has been in the 90s with high humidity here - a front came through yesterday and now we're back in the 80s with slightly (not much) less humidity after 3" of rain/thunderstorms. Weather is fascinating. Loving your Posies.
ReplyDeleteWhat fabulous projects - your junk journalling is so inspiring, as you are using so many different items and techniques! I hope you have somewhere where you can leave everything out when you are working on a page, and don't have to keep moving things!
ReplyDeleteI'm quite behind with my scrapbooking - but it's mainly photo based, nothing like as inventive as yours!
Keep on enjoying everything that you do!