Here are my first (and very tentative) 3 days for my
COL project [aka Intuitive Daily Stitching].
Day One-Aug 25th: just trying out needles and
perle 8 cotton threads;
Day Two: Aug. 26th:Totally confused as to
"just winging it" !!!!
{a total "mish-mash"!!}
but it is what it is and
I am leaving it...
and
Today, Aug 27th: Our house after the rainy days
we've been having...a little
vignette...
*****************************
As you can see, my stitches need to become
smaller, much smaller than my
quilting "big stitching"
YIKES!!!
😟😕😢
Well, tomorrow will be our
August Full Moon..
so that should be a fun one to stitch...
as I am marking each month's
full moon occurance...
And
I am finishing stitching over all the
grid lines on this 1/4 yard piece.
Since I am only used to embroidering
OVER already laid down fabric--
as in my Roxy's Journals of
Stitchery fabric books--
I am finding these "blank spaces"
challenging --a bit intimidating,
if I say so myself ....
😥😦😧
.
Well, onward and
hopefully
upward we go...
👋👋👋
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(stitching- COL-euse)

Back to heat and humidity today...will be tread mill walking for sure...
ReplyDeleteI think you need some squares like your first two, that are non-pictorial, here and there through the sampler too. Random stitching is a design too. I would probably end up with lots of flowers in my squares...not much imagination for blank spaces.
ReplyDeleteOh these are wonderful, Julierose. I love each and every block. So much texture in each one. I am sure the stitching process will get easier as you progress. I look forward to seeing the next block. Stay cool and have a lovely day, Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI like those random squares as well as your little pictorial square. Do you think that the more you stitch the less you will fill that it is empty space? I get the angst about working with a blank space!
ReplyDeleteI love how this looks, Julierose! Your second square looks like a bird to me. I, too, got a little overwhelmed thinking about to proceed with a daily stitching project. I think a yard would be too much for me, too. But maybe a fat quarter size could work. Is that what size you're using?
ReplyDeleteMaybe if you are puzzled over what to stitch, consult a stitch dictionary and practice some of the stitches you're not familiar with (or that you don't do often). There are tons on Sharron Boggon's stitch dictionary site and she gives really good instructions.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a fun project, Julierose. I love the house, and I'm looking forward to see progress. Not sure how I would have done the open squares... Maybe as MM suggests; practice on not often used stitches? What's the size of each square?
ReplyDeleteThat is an interesting project, Julierose. I love the little house and the flowers.
ReplyDelete