About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, August 10, 2026

DECK MORNING, et al

 

I decided that this "little" --
"Lovely Lavender Dresden"
was crying out
to be hand quilted...

I took her out on our deck with my coffee
early this morning--it was actually cool enough
to sit out for an hour or so...
Got my hand quilting "gear" on and
began to finish up the 2nd circle...
My fingers need that extra help to
pull through the layers--

[and yes, I have to take
the finger shields 
off when threading 
and knotting a new thread, 
but that's okay
at least I can quilt....]


I love all my lavender bits and bobs
{all my faves}
on this table runner...;)))

Here's where I have left off today...
↓↓↓↓
Working on the spokes...
So relaxing.....

hugs, Julierose, 
La Blageuse
{hand-quilting-deck-days-euse}



 




14 comments:

  1. Back inside as the temp and dewpoint have risen....11 a.m.
    Thank heavens for AC....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, those Dresden Plates do want hand quilting. It's looking lovely. And your fingers are well equipped for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely piece to be hand quilting! I love the colors, and pretty prints. So glad you had some good deck time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really pretty, and so pleased you can enjoy some pleasant deck time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so lovely - glad you had a decent morning to sit outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You must have started early.

    I veread about earlier quilters who would thread up to ten needles before starting, thatway they didn't have to redo their thimbles etc. [I d never be that organized plus I get attached to the needle I am using, lol.]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful fabrics in your Dresden, Julierose. And your quilting is so pretty. I'm glad you were able to sit on the deck and enjoy fresh air while making progress on your table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice when you can tell which pieces need the hand quilting. I hope you continue to have some cool mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so pretty, Julierose. It has a romantic cottagey look to it. It is so nice that you were able to go outside and enjoy the cooler weather and quilt for awhile. It was a bit muggy here. Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your 'gear' is what I told my granddaughters was 'Grandma Jewelry'. Enjoy the hand work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to see you working on this pretty quilt! I love the texture from your hand quilting. I'm still waiting for this humidity to go away. So sick of it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fine work... lovely fabrics.
    Do you know why it’s called "Dresden"?
    Dresden is also a city in Germany... it’s my hometown and I love it...
    just as I love working with fabrics.
    Warm regards and happy quilting—your finger gear is great :-)
    Hugs,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absoluely wonderful! I'm not really a purple girl but these shades are so dreamy. They make me want to read some romantic poetry. Lovey table runner. I need to get me a thimble like your pink one, I think I'd like it alot because my finger is too big for a size small and to small for a medium so it's always slipping off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My intentions of taking a project onto the balcony to work on this summer have come to naught. It's either too hot, too smoky, or just rained on the chairs.
    If I use a thimble at all (which rarely happens) I have one like your pink one. I like it the best of any I've tried.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.