About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, February 20, 2015

FRIDAY'S FINAL FOUR (RSC15) FOR FEBRUARY

Here are my final four February RSC15 pink-ey (a few darker ones this time) Eye of God blocks.
(You can see that it takes 4 little 3.5" blocks to make one larger Eye --all sewn onto old telephone book squares of paper).


I had a few little bits and pieces of toile leftover from a basket quilt I made here and..........


here--Toile has got to be one of my absolute favorite fabrics of all time...so didn't want to leave even
these little bits out in the cold (hahaha--it IS so frigid here today!!)














this one and the one below are a softer blend--I had to dip into maroons and purple-ey pinks...

And this one features some orange which I had used a lot in the first batch of blues for January and pinks this month....
In total I have eight of these now ..and six of the blue...
(Sorry for crooked pictures--have been having a few sinus/dizzy spells today)

I'll be hooking up with Super Scrappy tomorrow morning.  Hop on over to see all the lovelies for this week.
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse

27 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so interesting. You pick the prettiest prints!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little scrappy blocks. I guess we better start holding on to those old telephone books as they are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!!! Very pretty blocks!!!!! Looks like you have been having some fun!!!!! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darn pretty! Love the pinks! I love your toile!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like looking at all the different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Julie !
    La toile de Jouy donne une intéressante perspective à tes blocs !!
    J'adore....tout simplement !! Bravo ;)
    Bon Weekend et gros bisous !

    ReplyDelete
  7. always amazes me what can be created with a bit of imagination and some scraps....very nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love toile too! I used a black and white toile in my pickle dish, just so classic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of pretty pinks in those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blocks! I just got some phone books ... I put them in the recycle bin, but maybe I should hold onto them for paper piecing. Do you find that the ink rubs off onto the fabric when using phone book pages to paper piece?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many fun memories in all those tiny scraps. Warm memories to carry you through to the spring thaw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, take care of your self dear. Have you been to the Dr.?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these pretty colors ! ( and the shawlette in the previous post : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Didn't realize those blocks were so small.You have the most gorgeous color of pinks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julierose, those are a wonderful collection of prints to make your blocks. It is going to be a quilt with a lot of rich texture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great blocks! Love the toile... I have some blue on white I look forward to using again. You have done a great job this month with the pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely array of pinks there. Hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope those dizzy spells clear up asap! Your pink block collection has a beautiful selection of pinks in there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of variations of pink, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful fabrics! And after shoveling snow most of day, I am feeling your pain (although I realize nine inches would be considered a dusting for you).

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.