About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

TUESDAY TIDBITS--ASIAN STYLE


Here are a few little blocks I've been playing with on my design wall....I want to use up the bits and pieces of my Asian fabrics.  
GO!BABY to the rescue.  since I re-injured my hand/thumb (AGAIN!!--sigh)
 I've not been able to rotary cut.  so my rectangle dies are being pressed into service.


I needed to work with something bright and cheery with all that white snow out there....
aren't those reds just "HOT" looking??










Geisha enjoying the bamboo





Geisha and Gingko Leaves








Purple blossoms of Spring






And below are smaller blocks:

this is more like our weather here--snow filled walks and trees.....

BUT.....................................................
 Spring does arrive:
Cherry Blossoms, and short sleeves....we can only dream....................

hugs to you all  Julierose, La Blageuse


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks the fabrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Maureen--for some reason I'm not getting your comments in my email--i love working with these Asian fabrics...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  2. great blocks with your Asian fabric collection - sorry to hear about your thumb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb--yr comments are not reaching my email for some reason (!) --my thumb is slowly healing...appreciate your commenting hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your story has a happy ending - Spring.
    Sorry about your hand troubles. Have you tried Emu oil? It helps as soon as you put it on, and I got mine on advise from an Arthitis sufferer. My trouble is a nerve stripping - the sciatic nerve in my right leg. Still the Emu oil helps. Got it at Walmart. Hope it helps you.
    Blocks are looking great, and I love the warm colors especially the red.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a collection! The geometric fabrics play so well with the pictorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Asian fabrics all look so pretty together. So glad you can still cut fabric using your Go Baby. Hope your thumb heals quickly!! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet my comments don't come through either. Hope your hand starts to feel better. Love the fabrics. Do you like your Accuquilt go baby? I was looking at an accuquilt go but kind of wavering back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Les tissus asiatiques ne sont pas dans mes habitudes mais tes blocs sont....su-per-bes ! Bravoooo Julie....
    Je suis bien désolée pour tes douleurs, ce n'est pas drôle ! J'espère que tout va s'arranger et que grâce aux médicaments, tes douleurs disparaîtront !!
    Bon courage Julie et continue avec tes beaux tissus !! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty blocks! I rarely think to use my GoBaby--if I could do the sub-cutting on the 4 patches I'm working on, my wrist would be feeling a lot better. I'm thinking it's time for a cortisone shot!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.