About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

A LITTLE SHAWLETTE POUR MOI


Here is the start of my Little Shawlette..(I couldn't resist putting my latest picture of the two grand girls,Fiona and Willa, next to it LOL! )


The pattern is from Susan B. Anderson and uses the most yummy yarn ever:
"Miss Babs Yowza Whatta Skein" (560 yds in one skein!!--) the softest yarn I've used....

It will have a ruffled edge and I love the dark denim color as I wear jeans all the time...


Here is an older picture of 'Kota on our beach investigating a hidden crab...
she is such a darling doggie...we love having her stay over with us.

Today Willa has had ear tubes surgery as her hearing has been impaired by all the fluid blocking the canals.  Hopefully, in 2 -3 weeks she will resume her chattering...

Tomorrow we are going to hear our oldest Grandson, Steven, perform in his High School Jazz Band; they have set up round tables for family groups and have coffee, tea, water and snacks available--like a little Jazz Club setting.  
AND you can dance--will I be doing the Lindy??? hahahaha...
(not a pretty visual!!   ;--000 )

Hugs to you all--my hand is still resting, but cannot wait to get back to my knitting.  
Julierose, La Blageuse rest-euse

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the yarn you are using for your shawl - as a jeans girl too, I agree the colour is perfect! I hope he surgery goes well for Willa and you have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely yarn, the color is fabulous. I wear jeans all the time too. Enjoy the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty scarf, the yarn is fantastic! Adorable grandbabies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shawl is going to be gorgeous! Excellent choice for the color, too. I know that it'd be perfect for me, too, as I wear nothing but jeans. ;-) Praying for successful surgery for Willa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tu vas avoir bien chaud avec ce châle !! La couleur est très belle !!
    Bon concert de musique !
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a pretty shawl. Isn't it fun to take the dogs to the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i crochet but never learned to knit , wish i had

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shawl! Yarn looks wonderful too! Two adorable granddaughters. Hope surgery goes well! Keep warm. I'm freezing today. More snow tomorrow. When will it ever end???

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.