About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, February 6, 2015

IT'S A START


This will be the back of my RSC15 blues Winter scene.


This is a 1980's Asian print that has been hiding away in my stash; thought the pink qualified it for
this month's pink challenge.  I plan to back this with the Winter scene and call this side "Cherry Blossom Time" for reverse on a little wall hanging.  The first border print is another oldie but goodie...

And I managed to also do these three to add to my White Crosses Rainbow--
(Sorry for the crooked pix!! )

I haven't been doing a whole lot of sewing this week as we have had a death among our closest, lifelong friends and some family illnesses and issues...and I just cannot seem to get myself into my room right now.  Just don't feel like it.....

We are slated to go to a Funeral on the 15th (seems like a long time away...) and we are awaiting news about our granddaughters' illness....worrying.
Also this frigid weather doesn't help at all.;--000

This morning I walked 25 minutes on our treadmill and watched a rerun of "Fraser"--my DH is making spaghetti sauce for us for tonight...in the meantime I have started reading "Sarum" by Edward Rutherford to keep myself occupied.  That and cleaning;
 I find that housework is a great antidote to worry....

hugs to you all, Julierose, La blageuse


25 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous Asian print, beautiful blocks. White crosses rainbow looks great too. So sorry to hear of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your loss! You are right worrying doesn't help but when it concerns family so hard not to do. Enjoy your spaghetti, afterall you deserve it after your treadmill time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, your family and your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Asian print is very pretty. You have had it in your possession for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so sorry hon. take care of yourself and know that this too shall pass. the snow certainly doesnt help anyones outlook that is for sure.
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything works out. Sometimes, break from sewing is a good thing. Hope you make it through the next round of snow! Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers. I totally understand sometimes you just need to process in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Asian print is gorgeous, and your white crosses quilt will be gorgeous when done! I'm sorry for your loss, and hope for more positive things for you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to read about the loss of your friend and your worries about your granddaughters' illness. Not an easy time at all and it saps your strength and interest in your usual enjoyable pursuits, I do hope you get some good news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to read of your loss. I hope that you get good news on your granddaughter's illness. Love the material you are using. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your RSC15 quilting will be waiting for you when your heart has worked through the grief and stress that you are experiencing. ((Hugs!))

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry it's been a rough week. My sympathies at the loss of a good friend. Hope for all the best for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missed you dear, at our age it does get despressing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear of your trials. I'm sending cyber hugs! I can't wait to see how the white crosses progress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chère Julie !
    Je suis bien désolée d'apprendre tous ces malheurs qui te touchent !! Faire un break permet parfois de mieux rebondir !!
    J'aime tes blocsvet tes tissus roses....je pense bien à toi !
    Grosses bises

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do take good care of yourself. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through rough times and hope all is well with your grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Julierose, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I've been to several memorial services weeks after the passing, and it's helpful to the family that it is later. The sharp edges of the pain are lessened with time.
    Your granddaughter will probably be bouncing on her bed in a day or two. Little kids are like that. We'll pray for her.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hugs to you. If you run out of things to clean... come on down and tackle my house =). Wishing good news on your granddaughter and happy memories of your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sometimes life just hands you a lot. May you find peace at this time....doing whatever works best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty pinks. Sorry for the loss of your friend. I will say some prayers for good news of your granddaughter's health. Hugs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOu have great pink projects. Its okay to take a moment for you and grieve the losses Long Distance hugs! And prayers for you granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to learn of your worry and grief. Will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers this week.

    I think I still have some of your pink framing print in gray...!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This has been such a hard winter for illness and losses. My sympathy to you. Pretty pink projects.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sorry to hear about the illness in your immediate family and the loss of a friend. You and your family will be in my thoughts, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.