About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

SEWING UP A STORM


"THE SNOW IS SNOWING..............................


THE WIND IS BLOWING........................


BUT I CAN WEATHER THE STORM.................WHAT DO I CARE HOW MUCH IT MAY STORM........"

Here's what I did today....


A little Blizzard wall hanging  to finish off my blues for January RSC15...
(And this is truly the LAST Blocks!) .  

Had just a small piece of that lovely Japanese print and strips of blues--and so they
somehow came together.  This piece will always recall to my mind the Blizzard of 2015.

We've made it through without any power failure here so far.....25" of snow....drifting all over the place.  Our front windows are covered...but other spots are swept almost clean.
So far, no Town snow plows have come through, but DH has snow blown the driveway and front
walk for us.....

I hope all of you made it through as well as we did....hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse from snowy CT


15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you know what to do. I love to see the snow fall, but sure couldn't do the shoveling anymore. I'd be in my sewing room, too.
    Glad to hear your power didn't go off.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is very appropriate for today! I've been enjoying the weather as well! I've kept busy all day! The weather didn't bother me at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say 25 inches??? Gosh, then, yes, that wall hanging will definitely remind of the blizzard of 2015. Take care. Cuddle under some quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we got 30 inches here. when I looked out at 4am it was up to the door handles on hubs car . YIKES......spent a lot of the day digging out. today have to finish
    but will sew a little first........
    love your snow project and your January blues.........cant wait to see what color Feb is.......red? pink?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous ... I would like some snow so much that I'd even settle for 25" (although if I could choose, I think 6" would be just right). What better way to spend a blizzard than sewing ... thankfully you didn't lose any power so you could do just that. Indeed those blocks will always remind you of the blizzard of 2015. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Japanese fabric! I've always wanted to be snowed in--warm and safe of course, but snowed in. Glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are all okay there - TWENTY FIVE inches is A LOT of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blocks--so beautiful! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you continue to have power--that would be awful if you lost it. It seems so strange that others are having snow when ours has all but disappeared here in Minnesota. I am very sure that we will be getting more, but it's pretty weird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your blizzard blocks - although all of your blue blocks are wonderful!
    Happy to hear you are doing well after that snow storm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're faring so well during the Blizzard of 2015. Your blocks look great! I don't think I would be able to sew up snowy blocks during a blizzard. I'd be digging out the Hawaiian prints instead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you came through the blizzard OK. Beautiful blocks to remember it by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. power! That's the biggest hope, is keeping power! You had a lot more snow than we did and you made a great snowy fabrics quilt in blues. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you're still warm and comfy and that all your family members are also safe. What a winter!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.