About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

STASH IS CACHED


Before my bins and bags of scrambled fabrics.....on the floor, and on all surfaces in my room!

AFTER:

HERE:  is the left half of my shelves all folded and labeled --the bigger question was how to
determine what the main color was ...(see how that red pile is so little? And on the middle shelf the first three stacks are ALL PINKS!!!!! And dark blues/light blues--very few mediums...
One thing I learned is what I don't have and what I don't collect--NO DOTS< STRIPES (MAYBE 2 OR 3)<GEOMETRICS.....

AND THE RIGHT SIDE:


THE BIN HOLDS ALL MY PRECUTS....NOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE BATTINGS????

Upper Left shelf in bins: for projects, new fabrics not yet sorted;

AND
RIGHT SIDE SHELF.
  (A few of you asked to see my before and afters--so after much gnashing of teeth and also my DH deciding yesterday morning that we NEEDED to re-arrange our bedroom and spare room --meaning empty a bookcase, decide which to donate, and re-shelve...)

 I have called it done-- finally finished for now in my room.

Golly, everything's so neat--I hate to disturb it...??? Whaaaa???

hope you are all staying warm inside on this cold freezing rainy day and enjoying your
sewing,

 slow or other

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (PHEW-euse!!) ;---000



15 comments:

  1. OMG. I thought how nicely you had fixed up your stash - on the first picture! I guess my room needs a make over... but I've got too much to do to organize right now.
    (T. H. A. N. K. S. for showing me how awful my room looks. Lol) I sure hope you can work in that improved place. I'd sure hate to miss seeing more quilts from you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! It's lovely to see all your stacks of fabric and neatly labelled too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you I hate to disturb it. As soon as I start into projects it becomes creative chaos again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been busy! But now they look too beautiful to touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! When you clean up your stash it is amazing to see what you really don't have, and possibly should get to enhance your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I wanna play in YOUR room. Mine is a mess LOL I just have so little ME time these days that I dont want to spend it organizing. I will hopefully soon when hubs and neighbor can fend for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo Julie !! Je devrais prendre exemple sur toi pour ranger ma salle !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--looks so great! That's something that I really need to do, but hate to take the time. I know it will get to a point that it will just have to be done, but I'm putting it off as long as possible--kind of like that dusting that needs to be done too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! Although you're making me look like such a slacker ... with my tubs of fabric all jumbled together. A picture of my closet would make you think I'm so organized ... it's not until you look in the tubs do you see the chaos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a job, ask me how I know. It looks great. I found it inspirational when i cleaned my sewing room. I have tried to use it up since then but found out that is impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can come to my house and do mine, it was 63 today, warm your toes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic job! I think you will enjoy working with the fabrics more this way. With a note of caution...easier accessibility means they get pulled out more. Hope you enjoy the new setup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking very neat and clean and organized! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great and I can understand the hesitation to start a project and have to 'disturb' the stash. Doesn't it make you just want to sit and stare?

    OK, now...looking forward to seeing what you start next :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.