About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

TURNING THE CORNER IN MONET'S CITY


I have finally set out my Water Lilies for Monet's City...I still am shuffling and re-shuffling rosettes and partial rosettes and strips and singles Ack!!  

Here is a closeup shot  of of the dark side water lilies



If you look closely you can see that the rosettes nest and therefore (because I had no graphed out plan--NOTE to SELF: make a plan!!) there are full, and partial ones...with places to be
filled in.  
And so.........

I have resorted to taking closeup pictures with my phone of each one--pulling it out a bit and pinning it so that I can remember how it goes together to fit in!!  

and here are the lilies in the sunlight


they all have the script centers.....

As far as the other two sides--I am still pondering (hahaha no pun there--"pond"ing!!) 
what to do--I'd like to add some kind of tree lines..we shall see...

I sewed three darkside rosette forms this afternoon and then my poor brain refused to do anymore (that is ahem! after unsewing a few mistakes:  those frogs in the pond make that sound you know only too well ,  lol: rip-it, rip-it, rip-it!!) .  

So that's where I am wandering around Monet's City while outside we are having our first taste of snow, sleet, rain etc.  

P.S.  I got my little 1/2" hexagon  paper pieces in the mail today for my next project--
oh, well thought readers--YES  I am a "hex-a-maniac" for sure" .

 (NOTE: The hexies in  my MC measure 1" per side--so these new ones are teeny- tiny, itsy bitsy...)

hugs to you all, stay warm and enjoy your weekend sewing, 
Julierose, La Blageuse in Hexagonia

13 comments:

  1. Those water lilies are beautiful....but 1/2 inch hexies? Have you lost your mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts they always make me smile. The hexies are looking fab and I can understand about the working without a net uhm plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure this is! Great to see it growing - looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Monet just looks lovelier each time you post on it, the lovely blues around the outer edge look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Monet piece is so beautiful! Love those hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hexies are so cute and the blue is perfect with your quilt !!
    Well done Julie ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Je t'ai écrit en anglais !! Hihihihihi...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! Thanks for the smile this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love EPP, but I don't believe I'll ever try my hand at 1/2" hexies. Maybe, just maybe, 3/4". Those small increments wouldn't seem like a big difference, but I saw a 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" and 1" side by side and was amazed at the difference. Your script centers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to be so beautiful--love it! I can't wait to get back to EPP when I get done with my wool hexagons--yours are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Hexigonia,
    Love the MC. The lilies are gorgeous. You could show them as blue blocks on the RSC...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, good idea Terri--you are right on top of things for sure!
      thanks, hugs Julierose

      Delete
  12. MC is coming along wonderfully! I often forget to think things all the way through and it just makes things more interesting!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.