About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

SCRAPPY BLUES


These are the RSC15 blocks I have been working on this month. 

The Scrappy Rail Fences represent all the strips I could eke out of these scraps; the bottom crosses will be part of a rainbow smallish quilt--3 each in the color of the month;

And....I added the cute cat heads -- I will be making 2 each month;

and the little really (!!)  crumbley  strips (4 each month.) with leftovers from that month's colors--how they will be used is still a mystery to me, but hate to toss those little baby pieces...;--))) 
(note that one block is turned the wrong way!! ) 

The cat pattern is from a free online tutorial from: 
 Elizabeth Hartman's blog  which she posted a while back.  These will also be a rainbow piece.

Kitties  make me smile and this will be a homage to my dear kitty Schumee who passed away after 19 (yes, NINETEEN) happy years with us.  

Hugs to you all, Julierose, La Blageuse 

P.S.  i am taking a few days off from posting to try to once again RE-ORGANIZE MY ROOM.... need to re-fold fabrics to FIT on my shelves so that I can thumb through them and see what I have...since I will Only be using
the fabric  ;---00000
in my stash  this year, I feel I HAVE to do this...so far, no purchases...and it's almost 1/2 way through January--some kind of record for moi!  ;---))

26 comments:

  1. so so pretty. love your January blues my friend.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blues and really admire your self control! Way to go!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have the prettiest scraps I've ever seen! I plan on doing a scrap project also. Just trying to find the best one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nous avons perdu notre amour de chatte il y a deux années ! Elle avait 18 ans !! Tes blocs sont très beaux et tu progresses bien !Gros bisous LulieRose et bon rangement !!
    On veut une photo avant/après !! LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scrappy blue blocks - you've gotten a lot sewn already!
    Wishing you great success with re-organizing your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your design wall of blues is looking oh so productive, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun organizing your sewing room. You may find fabric you forgot you had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Want to come organize my stash? I have smallish tubs on shelves in my closet ... I sort by color and everything is just dumped into the tub. I can't find anything when I go looking. See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate--I spent yesterday cleaning and could use a few more days too. The cat head quilt is going to be a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet blocks. I do not envy you and your task. It took me almost a month last year to get semi organized. Now to work on my scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck on the reorganizing. I've got boxes of colors, and when I want red I just dig through the red box. (Boxes are thanks to the move - in CA it was okay to use plastic tubs, but here in WA it's better to use paper, I think. It's so damp everywhere. Plastic would just keep everything too damp.) Anyway, it's a good enough system for me. I'd rather sew than refold and iron.
    Don't take too long on your project. We will miss you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty blocks! I looked at those cats for RSC15... One day I am going to make them. For sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you! What a wonderful challenge to only use stash fabrics.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of lovely goodies there Julierose. I have been using only stash for a year, with the qualifier that I have bought backings and the occasional border fabric. Sadly, I can't really report an increase in drawer space. :( I have therefore decided since I don't seem to have made a dent in the stash I might as well augment it this year as and when I see fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely array of blues. Those little crosses are adorable. I'm trying not to buy too. But I'm a coupon sucker! And I'm old enough for those senior discounts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cat heads! What a great idea. That way they can't get in too much trouble. And have fun reorganizing your stash...I always seem to find fabric that I've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! The little crosses are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so admirable to be using stash only! And just look at the resulting lovelies. Keep at it! And enjoy being reacquainted with your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are definitely to be admired - organizing stash and not buying anything new! Great job using up all the bits and little bits. Some great projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish you speedy work resorting! I'm aiming for all of my fabric to fit in my binds, and until it does, I'm not buying (I hope!).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Luck on the reorganizing - I worked on some of that thisbreak too - it surprises me what i stash away lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great blocks! Love the blue kitties. Seems that when we work so hard, those rooms would reorganize themselves. I spend far too much time organizing :-((

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful blocks! I looked ahead and saw your area all reorganized. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.