About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

FINAL RSC BLUE BLOCK


i HAD THESE LITTLE MINI CHARMS LEFTOVERS --ALL PRETTY BLUES, SO i THOUGHT WELL, WHY NOT?  ONE MORE LITTLE BLOCK TO START A RAINBOW PIECE.....
You can see on that bottom row that my last two pieces of that very old Hoffman (I think) woodblock print are a bit shy of full size, but I put them in anyway...just love that print...wish I had gotten yds of it!  and how often do you find yourself saying that, too??? ;--(((


To me it has a "lacey" texture that I just adore!  those Japanese Irises are the only thing that reminds me of Spring today.  We got a good 4" of very wet snow --followed by cold rain and now it's drizzley...ugh! 

I am unable to do any handwork for a few days--wrenched that thumb somehow again.  It awakened me at 4:30 this morning--but----
 I got to turn on our security light and watch the snowflakes falling
--------so pretty.  

I hope you are snug and warm on this frigid Saturday.  I am linking up with Rainbow Scrap Challenge hop on over to see all the other great projects.

hugs Julierose La Blageuse Bleu--euse....

15 comments:

  1. Love that iris print. Too bad you didn't get enough. I do that all the time, too. I've never really bought more than a yard of something I really like. There are a couple of 2 yard purchases, but one of them I wondered what I was thinking. Why so much of that? Then there is the strawberry fabric I was going to use for curtains. Once I got home I thought NO. Too perky for my house. I'll use that for backing some day.
    Sorry about your weather. I like to watch the snowflakes fall, too, but I don't want them to accumulate. (I want my cake and I want to eat it, too.) The powers that be do not care what I want. Oh well.
    It's sunny here today in Vancouver WA... a very unusual day. Usually it's overcast and rainy. Look quick at the sunshine.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful material. It's always to fun seeing what material other quilters choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to the point where if there is a fabric line I adore I buy several yards of it. Or a bolt depending on if it is a nice blender.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second your comment about wishing you had bought more of a fabric, I too have done that a few times. Your new little blue blocks are cute - what size are they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabrics. Yes. I know what you mean about fabric regrets.
    Hope your thumb is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that print (it doesn't hurt that it's in blue ... I love blue!!).

    I'm so sorry that you hurt your thumb ... what a pain (literally and figuratively! ha!) ... hope it heals up quickly for you.

    You can send some of that snow here ... but keep that rain/drizzle ... around these parts that could easily turn to ice. I love snow but hate ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the snow is snowing already--they tell us 24" - 36" with 60 mph winds here on Coast--ack! DH just got some more gas for our generator--and some food essentials, like chocolates, chips and beer !! Hahaha...hugs Julierose

      Delete
  7. Hello JulieRose !
    Les tissus que tu as utilisé sont très beaux !! Parfois, on se retient d'acheter plus d'un yard quand on adore un tissu et après, on regrette...
    Ici, hier matin, nous avons eu de le pluie verglassante mais pas de neige en vue pour l'instant. Gros bisous et have a great sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending hugs and WARM wishes for your thumb's rapid recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope that it warms up soon. Sounds quite wintery. Such a nice blue collection, glad you are putting all the last bits to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought yards of that blue woodblock print. Over the years I have whittled away at it. I just checked: I have 1-7/8 plus 3 FQ in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh smart buy, Nann. I should have done the same. Hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  11. Love how the scraps look all together! Hope your thumb improves. Watch out for the blizzard! Sounds bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I quite often regret not buying 'more' of certain fabrics. Occasionally, I purchase more of something that I don't use again and it just sits in the stash...that's a very rare occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.