About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

RSC15 FIRST BLOCK


Here is the first block for RSC15 January Blues: It is called :"Scrappy Split Rail"
I feel it's kind of mushed colorwise; but I was able to cannibalize some old UFO's for a couple
more mid-blue strips...[Be unafraid--rip those seams!!;--))) ]



Even Mr. Moon is peering over his shoulder at those strange blue lip kisses....these are all Batik leftovers .....{I am quilter, see me roar}.....

Hope you are all having fun in the blues this first Saturday.  
Linking with RSC15...

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse 

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful blues here. And I love your half hexagon/hexagon quilt. Why can't we comment on Hexagon Alley?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job putting your blues together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun fabrics in your Split Rail block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparemment tu as trouvé ton "bleu moyen" et je trouve qu'il va bien au centre des autres couleurs !!
    Voilà ton premier bloc de réalisé !
    Bravo Julie !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic fabrics though!! I love batiks they are just so unique!! The moon is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you!! I'm hoping to join in with the Rainbow scrap challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, are you doing the site pattern or your own blocks?

      Delete
  7. Very nice! I love the moon peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting fabrics. This is going to be an awesome quilt,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the no-buy plan! I need to take my stash a bit too, so I'm going to try very hard to be good. Mid blues are challenging for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, so far so good..lol!! I may need a leg-up in the future...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. thank you for your encouragement! hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  11. You have such interesting blues. Sorry for your UFO... was it beyond use? You know you can donate an ugly quilt. (Shhhh... don't tell anyone I said that. And you don't have to show us everything either. That's the great thing about blogging.) Love your Rail Fence, so far. I've only sorted out a few pieces to use, so far.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blues are great. That will make a great scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like I should comment something about "once in a blue moon" or "are you mooning me?" Rails are an excellent use for scraps...but cannibalizing UFOs????? Finish those up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the way you have brought in the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What absolutely gorgeous fabrics! I've always wanted to do a fail fence ... just not sure why I've never gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great start to the RSC. So glad you are recycling old projects. Sounds like the perfect way to find just the right fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun blues and I love to see it when you mix it up with cottons and the batiks.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.