About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I HAVE A HOLE IN MY BLUES

REALLY!!!!!! RSC15 FOR JANUARY ASKS FOR THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD BLUES;

I HAVE NO MEDIUM BLUES....THIS IS THE BEST I COULD FIND!!!! AND, AS YOU CAN SEE, THERE ARE TEALISH-BLUES IN THERE,TOO.....That astrological print (5th from the right) is the type of blue I was thinking of....

I GUESS I'VE MADE A LOT OF BLUE QUILTS--SO THESE "SORT-OF" BLUES..ARE WHAT WILL BE USED.

ALL THE REST ARE VERY DARK OR VERY LIGHT --even in my stash!!!

And I have declared 2015 as a Total No-Buy Year (stay tuned to see if  when I cave --LOL)

What can I say...it'll be different!!
So what else is new...;--000

Hugs to all of you RSC15-ers--I am off to cut some strips with GO!BABY...that's a little preview hint of what I will be making......lol
Julierose, La Blageuse

17 comments:

  1. Way to go, Julie! I wish I could commit to not buying anymore fabric but I know I will. I am itching to go fabric shopping right now! I certainly do not NEED to purchase anymore though! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the no-buy plan ... You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goals can be attainable....but this would be a hard one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are really lean on the blues there! Good luck making it all work. Sometimes it creates the very best quilts.:) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your will power Julie, and wish I had more of the same but as you have seen I can become quite manic around quilting fabrics! However I shall do my very best this year to hang on to my cash - after I buy a few solids for a project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i am a total new fabric addict for sure! I hope to be able to restrain myself and use what I have....we shall see lol hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  6. Total no-buy ?? Wow.......je ne sais pas si je pourrais faire cette promesse !!
    Tu es très courageuse ! Bravo Julie Rose !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. rut row...... may need to see what I have over here. was thinking of doing this challenge this year myself. I could use a little rainbow cheeriness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hoping you join in...we all need some rainbow cheer! hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  8. I think I have some blues for you my friend...........:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have lots and lots of blues, but like you none in the medium blue range. ;-) Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep saying I am not going to buy more but you KNOW what happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No buy! You are a brave soul!
    But what about your medium blues? Can't you hear that Medium Blue Temptress on your shoulder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that siren call is echoing in my mind for sure...but, am trying to resist lol--P.S. for some reason your comment doesn't make it to my mailbox?? hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  12. i have one that is dark , started to collect some for a blue star quilt for my daughter

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have one that is dark , started to collect some for a blue star quilt for my daughter. i am trying to use what i have but its hard

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.