About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, December 27, 2014

THE ONE I DIDN'T LIKE!!

REMEMBER ME??? MY MOMMY DIDN'T LIKE ME SO MUCH WHEN SHE FINISHED....
(OH MY GOSH, ANOTHER QUILT THAT TALKS TO ME...)

(I am attempting to sew these 17.5" blocks (+ or minus-- hehehe) together; these were the dark scraps and strings I made along with my Sea Glass piece which I love and am now cuddling under...)


Here is the border I am going to use...and

here is what came out to see us today--Mr. Sun--YAY and here are a few of the other scraps inside me..(I don't know why Mommy has taken such a dislike to me with all these cute scraps!!)

You know him, right? AND
are all of yours eaten up yet????
(Closing the sewing room door--and she's still talking.....)

Here at long last is:
an off market 1/4" edge piecing.......................... that FITS!!

It has been a busy time of family, grand-dog sitting, traveling in the terrible pea soup fog and rain and eating and oh, did I mention eating????Aaaaargh..

and, we are really enjoying the calm that comes AFTER CHRISTMAS.

I got lovely gifts (which I will write about in the future) -- right now is "snappy-nap" time for
les grandparents.
 Hope to sew the last row of those huge (I still don't really like them much) blocks together--they are a sort of "I Spy" I guess--I can't even come up with a name--so unlike moi,.....
I hope you are having a relaxing weekend....
Hugs to you all
Julierose, La Blageuse...yawn-euse......


13 comments:

  1. It's not the piecing - I love all the colorful free piecing. It's that neutral "framing" that is a downer. Maybe white would have been better, or red! Still it might be someone else's favorite - a wonderfully warming snuggle.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right, Terri--but I canNOT face unsewing them all--Soooo, it'll be an "I SPY" play quilt for my new little Granddaughter when she comes to visit...and I have some soft minky squares for the back( that I think are in just as ugly colors) ...lol hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL I have a postage stamp quilt that I have been working on that reminds me of that. The difference is that mine I did color groupings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we all have quilts that we dont like for one reason or another. I think it helps us to grow. what didnt I like? How can I change that to make it sing? etc. your granddaughter will love this as an eye spy. how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Dawn--I think I would change the sashings if I were going to do it over...NOT!! ;-))) thanks for your kind comment Hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  5. I like it!!! But I have them too that I can't stand

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may change your mind once you get it quilted, don't give up on it. I hope you are enjoying your new foot! I wanted to make some zippered pouches and realized I don't have a zipper foot! Looks like I need to head to Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love my Amazon too--that's where I got the foot. So far so good with it. Hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  7. Tu n'aimes pas ton quilt Julie ?
    Dans ce cas, tu es d'autant plus meritante d'essayer de le terminer. Pour ma part, j'ai 2 ou 3 quilts que je n'aime pas qui sont cachés au fond d'une armoire et que j'oublie toujours ! ( je ne sais pas pourquoi ! Lolol )
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a few of those kinds of pieced tops too--just can't figure out why I even started them sometimes. I'm glad to hear that your quarter inch foot is working out, though--nothing worse than picking out bad seams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's tough finishing up those quilts we've lost our enthusiasm for. Funny, they still want to keep talking to us even when we don't want to listen.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just catching up with you! Pleased you sorted your quarter inch foot, they're marvellous aren't they? Your quilt - I think we are dealing with a similar issue, I have one which I just do not want to work on any more, and I have felt like that for around four yeas now, but still it stays hidden under the table. I see you are joining RSC2015 - see you there!
    also are joining RSCb2015

    ReplyDelete
  11. It may just turn out to be a great quilt when all complete. I have seen some real downers change when quilted.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.