About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

SHE'S MAKIN' A LIST......


EVERYONE IS MAKING THEIR 2015 LISTS AND HERE IS MINE SO FAR (OPEN TO REVISION I'M SURE, AGAIN AND AGAIN...LOL):

ONE & TOP PRIORITY:  GET MY LEFT ARM/WRIST/HAND IN SHAPE TO BE ABLE TO PRACTICE MY PIANO EVERY DAY. 
 AS A PIANIST I AM SO MISSING MY PRACTICE TIME.

TWO: MAKE A BIG GIRL QUILT FOR WILLA--WHO BY NEXT CHRISTMAS WILL SURELY BE IN A BIG BED. I ALREADY HAVE THE FABRIC, BUT I  CANNOT SHOW IT TO YOU AS SOMEONE (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...LOL) READS MY BLOG...

THREE; MY LIST OF WANT-TO-MAKE QUILTS; 

A. LOW VOLUME LOG CABIN

B. TULA PINK SAMPLER FROM HER "CITY QUILTS" --ESPECIALLY THE 15 CROSSES......
(i HAVE NEVER MADE A SAMPLER QUILT AND WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO COORDINATE COLORS IN MY NEVER-ENDING EFFORT TO GET SOME COLOR SENSE.) (Perhaps in conjunction with RSC2015???)

C. ANOTHER SEW ON PAPER SCRAPPY STRING QUILT WITH WHAT I CALL-- AND FIND HARD TO USE-- "MODERN FABRICS" (I have joined a modern fabric club for the year (Fabric Shoppe on Etsy)  and am not planning on any--repeat A N Y other fabric purchases--(YUP--enough is waaaaay tooooo much!) I have so many fabrics crying out to be used.  we'll see how long I can hold out hah!

D.  ANOTHER POSTAGE STAMP QUILT---THIS ONE WAS SO MUCH FUN--LOVED IT...(I ordered an off-market 1/4" piecing foot that I hope will fit Helga (fingers crossed)--and that should end that conversation...lol

E.  A LIL' TWISTER QUILT....

There are about a-gazillion MORE quilts that I want to try, but these are so far the biggies....are you totally bored to death yet???  

FOUR: TO BE FINISHED STUFF--
AND HERE I HAVE TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT THE PIECES I'VE MADE "DESERVE" TO BE FINISHED ...OR NOT...(DO YOU HAVE ISSUES LIKE THAT?)

A.  SCRAPPY BLOCKS WITH GOLD SASHINGS -- CAN'T DECIDE IF I LIKE IT...
  



B.   NOVEAU LADIES NEEDS BORDERS AND FINISHING
     



    C.  APPLIQUE BUTTERFLIES

D. ALL MY HEXAGON PROJECTS, OF COURSE.....BUT THEY ARE CONTINUING AND LONG TERM.....

E. SOME KIND OF CAT QUILT.....MAYBE D. ZIMMERMAN'S "FAT CATS"

AND THEN (sigh): VARIOUS KITS I HAVE ORDERED AND ARE SITTING IN MY FILING CABINET LIKE A BEAUTIFUL JAN PATEK BASKET QUILT....AMONG OTHER PATTERNS....

AND, (OH YES, MORE....)
I WANT TO DO SOME EMBROIDERY AND CROCHETING.....

THIS YEAR I FINISHED THREE (WELL, AM QUILTING TWO RIGHT NOW; SLEIGH BELLS AND GEORGIE PEORGIE) GOOD SIZED QUILTS AND A COUPLE TABLE RUNNERS AND MUG RUGS.
  
IT SEEMS TO TAKE ME A LONG TIME TO DO THINGS THESE DAYS.  BACK ISSUES AND HAND/WRIST ISSUES TAKE THEIR TOLL I GUESS.  

I hope you are finding time to relax and do some stitching these last few hectic days before Christmas.....chat soon...this whole list is just for my records--skip it if you are not interested....it's okay...;---)))

And what, pray tell is on your list for the NEW YEAR???
HUGS, 
Julierose, La Blageuse (puzzle-euse)

11 comments:

  1. You are going to be very busy! And that's such a good thing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a list! I need to start my list but I am heading out of town tomorrow so it will have to wait till after Christmas. I sure hope you can get back to your piano time. I miss listening to my daughter practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also thinking about make some of Tula Pink's blocks (from some fabric I have had stashed away for a while) ... I like the idea of using those patterns for the RSC, too ... maybe we can form a support group ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are a brave woman to put it down on paper! Best of luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still formulating my list . . . good for you for having your's together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some list you have there! This is something too need to do - perhaps it will make me more focussed. I also have joined up with Finish Along 2015, the button is on my blog now.
    Julie I hope you have success with improving your left hand/arm, without that progress is slowed, and I wish you a very Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a (growing) list of to-do's for next year! Always good to have that feeling of starting with a clean slate and a new list :-) Merry Christmas to you and yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha funny woman. Do you have about a week? I want to finish working on BOTH my relaxing robin quilts. for MOI`........and then I want to go through and organize the stash, finish some UFOs that are old enough to vote (maybe even old enough to receive senior discount), and I have loved seeing the granny quilts and would like to make one someday. if I could get some flimsies quilted, I would have a nice pile to donate to a nursing home or good cause. BUT THEY NEED TO BE FINISHED LOL. your nouveau ladies reminds me that somewhere in my shed is probably a crazy quilt in rich reds and blacks that I would like to find and finish too. and I have ALWAYS wanted to make a lone star or feathered star quilt. big ambitions for a gal working 50 hr weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an ambitious list. Good luck!

    I need to put together a list ... I hope I can get that put together and published before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How is the flu in your area? Raging here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are going to busy...very busy!! I haven't made a list but I do have lots of plans/ideas floating around in my head.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.