About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

RING THOSE SLEIGH BELLS, SANTA!


Here is the backside of Sleigh Bells Ring!  I had these Santa's leftover from way back when (A Debbie Mumm print) and this Jinny Beyer Roses border (julieROSE lol) and the green flowery  background that just seemed to all hang together....

I just have always loved these old world Santas--better than today's more modern versions. 
I was SAVING them--and have decided to finally use them...

(Sorry for the blur...my camera battery is blinking "low") but there will be two rows of Santa across the backing.
Tomorrow I will sew the Red Roses borders on and then both front and back will be ready to put together...
Sunday stitching, a little gift wrapping, boiling down turkey for soup, and my darling DH is taking me out for dinner at a Pub where some of our musician friends have a gig...fun day Sunday!!

Hugs to you all--Julierose, La Blageuse .

11 comments:

  1. I love the Old World Santas. Such a neat idea to put them on the back. Sounds like a fun day for you! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green rose fabric looks perfect with the santas. Some modern santas look a bit too cartoonish, I like retro santas the best. Seeing friends perform is always fun, I hope it was a great gig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. like your Santas. love creative backs of quilts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ho, Ho, Ho! I like Old World Santas better than modern ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those Santas! That backing is going to be as gorgeous as the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your back is going to be as wonderful as the front. Don't you love a beautiful quilt with a surprise on the back?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt says Merry Christmas front and back. Love it.
    Sounds like a delightful day and evening coming up. Fun to have something special to look forward to doing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect backing for you Christmas quilt! I always love the old world Santas. Enjoy your evening out with your special date!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.