About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, December 19, 2014

WELCOME, WINTER SOLSTICE !

                                                                    

                                           SLEIGH BELLS RING!

I started quilting this afternoon...got 1st half of width done before my shoulder began
complaining...I am straight (well, sort of lol) line quilting on every other row across and then the same on the length.  ;--)))

HELGA is a fantastic quilting machine!!! I cannot say enough at how smoothly and evenly
she quilts.  (Red thread on squares side and variegated green on back....yummy!!)  I am excited!!

My Monet's City is moving outward to include  suburbia-- lol--the waterways and lilies and trees:



I have it set up on my living room floor on my old sweater blocking board--trying this and that...

So far:      I first need to sew those white french writing strips on and then the rosettes...
I took photos so I can remember how it'll go together....
Now it is Tea Time....
Hugs on this last weekend of Fall...take a deep breath.....relax.....
hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse Quilteuse


11 comments:

  1. I learnt something here today, I have been knitting for years and I had no idea that there was such a thing as a blocking board...I like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I knitted for years and used to pin out my shawls and sweater parts before I sewed them together--I so wish I could still knit...but time marches on..hugs. Julierose

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think it'll be quite a while before it's done,,,thanks for your interest...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  3. You're working on wonderful projects! Love watching your progress! I can't wait for the days to get longer again! Tired of darkness at 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monet's City looks complicated for sewing together but will be very pretty when done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...another quilt nearing the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sleigh bells quilt is so pretty, can't wait to see it all quilted, and your water color is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are having fun with the Monet piece! Looks like a lot of tiny pieces.
    Happy Winter

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful colour combinations on both of your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.