About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

SHAMEFUL & THANKS

                             CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS IS MY IRONING BOARD COVER???
I think it's time for a new one....duh....
*************************************************************************


LOOK WHAT BARB AT wont-to-bequilter.blogspot.com sent me--a lovely glove to protect
me while rotary cutting...if you go to her blog, you can see how she had an awful accident
while rotary cutting...
(Thank you so much Barb, for thinking of me....I will be definitely using this)

***************************************************************

I am coloring this lovely colorbook page....so relaxing and fun....when not reading or quilting I turn to my coloring for relaxation....
And then......

I have this whole box of 4-patches.....left overs from a swap a few years ago....
now what to make with them all...that is the burning question for today......any suggestions
out there guys?????

*************************
AND.....

Helga began acting up again this morning---- aaargh!!
So, I brought her over to my repair guy,Pete.
And of course, when I got her over there, she behaved beautifully...no chattering or skipping stitches...he had me stitch and looked carefully at the bobbin case, and the bobbins themselves...
Pete was very patient with both me and Helga....
AND
He came to the conclusion after an hour of test sewing, that my bobbins are winding too tightly
and pushing the bobbins out of size  so that they are too large.
so will be winding new bobbins differently...

Helga is now behaving very well..(I think she just wanted to get back at me for sending her 
away for 2 weeks...ya think???) ;0000
********************************************** 
I am planning on continuing with my baskets and
 figuring out all those 4-patches...that is..............
what to do with them...I think something simple like alternating squares....
************************************************
Hugs, Julierose (debating-euse)

12 comments:

  1. I was just looking at my ironing board and thinking it needs a new cover, but I think yours is a higher priority than mine!

    Glad you solved Helga's bobbin problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Mel both have crazy ironing boards. I’ve been thinking about four patches lately. Wish I had some on hand like that. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just shows how much we use our ironing boards!!
    Looks like a super box of four patches, perhaps we'll be seeing another project soon from you.
    Pleased Helga is now fully on board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use those 4 patches as a frame. Will they go with your basket quilts?
    Or sashing.
    Or sew some together into a runner.use other fabrics with it too
    Fun to play with colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gee, you DO need a new ironing board cover!! I have a great cover that has a measuring tape and a cutting board fabric on it. I use a Singer Presser a LOT and have recovered it a few times with that silver material. I am confident that you will find a great purpose for those blocks.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silly Helga! Hope she plays more nicely with newly wound bobbins.

    I'm making four patches as leaders and enders for Bonnie Hunter's new Leader / Ender project Jewel Box Stars. It's also my way of trying to learn to be scrappy. Her pattern uses 4-patches and half-square triangles, how hard can it be? Well, we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a new cover for my ironing board at Joann's with a coupon! Sewing machines can be such a pain! I think mine is worse after being fixed. Not sure what you can do with the 4-patches. Lots of ideas online. You'll find something!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I had to break down and buy a new ironing board cover, but many times I made it out of scrap fabrics. Helga is behaving now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always kind of let my ironing board cover go until it's a disgusting mess--too busy sewing--lol! Hope Helga continues to behave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need just some mindless sewing for today so strips it is

    ReplyDelete
  11. It doesn't take long for my ironing board cover to look like that. Seems I get new ones quarterly.

    Four patches...yummmm... I'd start by googling vintage or antique four patch quilt and see what comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire people with pretty ironing board covers but don't worry that mine is not in pristine condition and it is plain in style.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.