Welcome to my Home
{note: since I've been sick for a week, I haven't gone out to take photos,
So I thought I'd show you my Welcome Banner in my front Hall}
And what it represents for me.....................
[Please join us at Lee Anna's Place to visit our group of positive quilters and
see what we like each week]
***************************************
I made this a few years ago during an online class with
Jude at Spirit Cloth's blog------ soon after my Mom's passing away.
It is all scissor cut and hand sewn together.
I used low key scraps and attached it to light weight muslin cloth.
{I like}💝 how
the
three little houses
in the woods--are sitting in front of those
trees...with the little one sheltering behind...
I used precious remnants
I had been hoarding...
then I hand stitched
freely...leaving some
edges raw...
Which {I like} 💗...................
I tried to depict the deep darkness of the woods at night with those owls....
and the BIG MOON radiating shafts of light:
A sort of kantha stitching trial....using perle cottons.....
As this was a memory piece also,
I included my Grand-mere's crocheted lace on top and
this one
little
shade pull
for "nighty-night" darkness
{ I like 💓} how the lace adds to that Olde World effect I was
hoping to achieve.....and times gone by...
Mom's little house wind chime for her window in her Nursing home
added another remembrance...
I Suspended it on a twisted branch cut from
the Home's garden on one of our last walks together;
and finally................................I added ....................................
One of the broken shells we so often would gather after our walks to the beach,,,
{I like}💔 how now, every time I walk by, I remember our times together...
*************************************************
I think that when you are sick, you want your Mom...I know I do///even at 76....💕
Hugs to you all; and thanks for bearing with me during my absence last week
Hugs, Julierose La Blageuse (Remembering-euse 💗💗💗)
P.S. {I LIKE A LOT💟💋}
A surprise from hubster.....
This: gorgeous cast iron enameled dutch oven
I think I'll keep him....... lol
I see many no-knead oven baked breads
in our future ;))))))))))










Great like, and I love your new cooker.
ReplyDeleteSo touching - I love the three houses in the woods, the branch is amazing and the shell. You did a lovely piece there, and a great family heirloom.
ReplyDeleteYour dutch oven reminds me of the little ones I bought everyone on my list for Christmas a few years back. I use ours for beans for supper once in a while. Thanks for sharing your work. Always enjoy your blog.
Hugs
Your Welcome/ Memory piece is a beautiful piece of artwork.Very special, I love all the details.
ReplyDeleteYour gift from your DH is amazing, what a guy! He must be wanting some homemade bread!
I hope you're feeling better!
love
lizzy
What a beautiful banner -- very special! I'm baking no-knead today :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely tribute to your mom and grandmother. So thoughtful! You'll love using that new dutch oven. I hope you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose! I always want my mom when I'm sick. I miss calling her everyday like I had for 40 years or so. I love your remembrance piece - and how wonderful that you have it where you see it often. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeletelove that and love the color, hugs sweetie hope you are finally better. I will be two years older than you in a few days
ReplyDeleteSorry you're not feeling well. I love your Welcome piece. So many memories all tied together Aren't Mom's the best? Mine has been gone for 20 years. Too long.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better - soon.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that with all your precious mom's material. Just love it.
I hope you're feeling much better very soon.
ReplyDeleteLove your little remembrance quilt, every bit so meaningful, and the soft colors are so enhanced by your stitching. Thanks for sharing this very personal piece.
What a beautiful wallhanging made as a memory of your mom! I love all the different things you included. It looks like it was soothing to make. I've missed some of your recent posts so I went back and read. I love how your snowball quilt turned out!
ReplyDeleteThat dutch oven is terrific - you'll enjoy that for years. Your wall hanging is beautiful - what a nice set of bits, pieces and memories. I hope you feel better, soon.
ReplyDeleteLove your Welcome Banner with all the memories!! Such a beautiful work of art Julierose, I follow Spirit Cloth and have often felt I should like to take one of her classes, your work has inspired me to look into this further.
ReplyDeleteJulierose, this is one of those pieces I wish I could see in real life. So many interesting features and stitches,etc. What a remembrance hanging for you. Also love the gift from Hubster!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely memory piece - filled with so much meaning. So sorry you've been feeling poorly and do hope you're on the mend now. After all, you have to test out that marvelous new baking dish!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're better soon.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the wallhanging, but especially the memories that come with it. What a wonderful piece! I miss my mom, too, so I understand. I sure hope you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteAwe heres a mom hug to make hou feel better.and the chicken soup is on. Wink...feel better soon. Nice tribute to mom and grandmere and that hubs is a keeper.can you clone him for me?
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better! That "Welcome" piece is just stunning with all the memories attached. I am in awe. It's so cool you can just walk by that everyday and feel the love.
ReplyDelete