About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, November 15, 2019

TEA ANYONE?

  I finished embroidering ........................ "Tea Anyone" 
and since before i got sick, I have been searching for borders --
AND---what luck!!
I found a whole box of leftover Kim Diehl jelly roll strips 
in my DEEP stash..;))) 

I picked these two colors to bring out the little blue and pink flowers....

            This will be my next hand quilting project after i finish up--
my Autumn Dresden Plate:
↡↡↡                                    ↡↡↡                                 ↡↡↡

I have been stitching away on this in the early evenings..
 one circle at a time...very soothing.....;))) 

I machine quilted the outer edges of the 
inner and outer circle first to hold its 3 layers in place; and am 
hand quilting the rest....no extra borders on this one....

***********************************************
I made two trays of croutons for our salads while putting the borders on
"Tea Anyone?"
I save all the ends of breads and crusts in a baggy in the fridge until
I've collected enough to make a good batch..
then spray with Virgin olive oil
and add various spices;
 then bake in a slow, 200 degree 
oven for one- to one-and-one-half hours until they crisp up..

Once they are COMPLETELY cooled,, I store them in a plastic container....

I am also boiling down my small chicken carcass from yesterday's dinner
to make soup for tomorrow's meal...I like the rich broth it provides
And that, along with laundry, has just about done me in for today--
PHEW...doesn't take much...
I still tire easily--
So,,,,,Thom as stepped up and will be making 
spaghetti sauce for us for tonight's supper...;))) 
He is such a doll....;)))👫💋

I am having a cup of tea right now and resting up....

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (on the road to recovery-euse)


18 comments:

  1. Your day sounds perfect! Hope the sun is shining for you like it is here. Your embroidery is lovely, so subtle and sweet.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a lot if you ask me. I never cook on laundry days, and I don't do much sewing either. I leave the laundry for 2 weeks now - so much stair climbing is so hard on my knees and hips.
    Croutons and soup looks good together.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't you been busy in the kitchen! I've never made croutons but often make chicken stock from a roast chicken carcass and turn it into soup. Your stitchery is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect fabrics for the borders! Good to know that you're now able to get back to a little quilting, takes time to recover strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Tea anyone" looks really sweet. Yes, thanks, I'd love a cup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done more than me and I am not sick! I don't know what a Autumn Dresden Plate is but it is very pretty. Those croutons look delish too. Chicken both to make you feel better. Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deep stash diving huh? Could you just snorkel, or did you need the face mask and air tank? Did you have to do decompression stops. :D The embroidery is lovely as is your dresdens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you got a lot done even if you're not 100% yet! It sounds like a nice day actually!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure love your stitching! I rarely cook anymore. Big Mick took most of it over. He's a great cook. Good lessons learned from being a fireman....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you still have to pace yourself and try not to overdo. Hand stitching is just the ticket for recovery time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dresdan is so pretty. That Thom is a keeper. Can I rent him when I am feeling eh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The strips you added to tea anyone are perfect. I never thought about using the ends of bread to make croutons, great idea! As for homemade chicken broth it is the best and the one great thing about winter is enjoying some homemade soup. My hubby loves to cook too, such a big help, especially when we aren't at our best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes to the tea, please. Your stitching on the Dresdens is such a cool idea in circles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You seem to be doing a lot for someone who tires easily! I hope you are managing to pace yourself really. I like how your Dresden is looking - it's very cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the stale bread for croutons idea! yum yum! I make broth that way to, so much better than canned! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd absolutely love a cup of tea and will nosh on croutons till the soup is ready :-) Your home is welcoming place. Do guests ever leave? Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I boil chicken carcasses, too, as well as the turkey coming next week. We never have leftover bread but I think I will make some croutons soon.
    Hooray for your improving health. How nice to be able to quilt again.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.