I like: this basket block that I am setting up...
My 1st layered applique project...
I had ordered a kit from Jan Patek a few years ago and have never used it; well now is
the time.....
I am also (Gulp! Gasp!) going to give needle turn another go...
I have been making cardboard templates and using the starch method
to prep my pieces up til now...
Fingers crossed--oh, wait, Noooo------ not a good idea lol
***************************************************
Love this chunky cross block from Auntie Em's site....
especially that she
used her die cutter to prep all the pieces.....
***********************************************************
And I really love this SAL that Lori of " Humble Quilts" plans to do in 2020...
but it looks
difficult.. we'll see.....
**************************************************
As you can tell from the above photos, I've been surfing mostly and not doing a whole lot else:
BUT
I do like that:
Today, I actually went OUT and did a few errands, so I am feeling better....(knock on wood).
***************************************************
AND
I like that I actually remembered [hahaha] to
take our turkey out of the freezer and put it in fridge to thaw....
And finally:
I LIKE that all my hand quilting on Autumn Dresden is D O N E :
Now just a couple machine quilted straight ones on the side borders
and then she can be
bound....;)))
Thanks Lee Anna for hosting these "I like posts"
...they certainly perk us up in these difficult times....
hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (on-the-men-euse)




Your Basket block is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose! Oh, I think you will enjoy the layered applique project. I'm not a fan of the needle-turned process but I will certainly cheer you on from here. No crossing your fingers though - that makes it really hard to stitch. Nice job on your Autumn Dresden! It looks beautiful. ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeletelots of good things, hugs sweetie
ReplyDeleteI love the fabrics you have chosen for your block. Which quilt pattern is it. I keep making Jan Patek patterns and search the web for more. I would like to join Lori/Humblequilts in that SAL but I already feel stretched a little thin. Drat! I'll have to watch your progress. I love needleturn applique but I back-baste all my pieces so they stay in place. It takes a little more time but it's pretty accurate. Look forward to following along as you make this quit.
ReplyDeleteYou are like Barbara - always having so many wonderful projects going on.
ReplyDeleteAnd I like reading your "I like" posts!
ReplyDeleteLove the basket block. I have lost SO MUCH TIME this week on the computer surfing the net. Lots of little hand stitching!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful basket block! I love to applique but I use freezer paper. I always thought needle turn was too hard. Let me know how it goes! Sounds like you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI love your basket block and your Autumn Dresden, too! Such pretty colors and designs. I've been wanting to learn needle-turn applique - it's on my 2020 list! There's lots of inspiration to be found out on the internet - I don't blame you for spending time looking!
ReplyDeleteGreat basket block. LOL I tried my hand at applique. Well it is prepped at least. Autumn dresden turned out lovely.
ReplyDeleteSurfing is fun when you are not up to par but then before you can say applique, you have ten more projects on the to do list and at least 5 more started.lol at least here it does.feel better soon. Love applique. Its relaxing if your eyes cooperate
ReplyDeleteI have a “thing” about loving all basket quilts so of course I love your block. And I wish I could grow pretty nails like you 🙂 I looked at Lori’s pattern there but it does look intricate. No end of inspiring projects which make me happy just in the looking and dreaming. Lovely quilting stitching too, Julierose. Happy turkey cooking!
ReplyDeleteyour basket block is very cute - great job. Your quilting looks great I like circular quilting!
ReplyDeleteglad you're feeling better.
Love your cherry basket--so cute! I hope you enjoy doing applique--I have to admit that I'm addicted to it. Happy sewing!
ReplyDeletethis was surf week! Good for you to remember to thaw your turkey... isn't it early? Have a happy Thanksgiving my friend, but I'll probably see your post next week.
ReplyDeleteLeeAnna