big and teeney little ones...
I guess =maybe...
Hours and Minutes ;)))
[The "minute" ones I free cut diagonally twice from 2 1/2" squares ......]
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I am using this years' RSC to try out blocks that are new to me and
to try to get a handle on better techniques for myself....I know most
of you have been sewing these for ages, but I haven't--being triangle
challenged..;000
In January I made a few of these hour glasses (bigger sized)
and kept on turning them so that I ended up sewing them
the wrong way round!!!
Frustrating....
So, for February I decided that I would work on a system so that I would
be able to orient them correctly...and it works for me...YAY I feel
confident now making them from all this practicing...;)))
And here are some of my crumb blocks using tiny
cut offs :
↡↡↡
Below I added petite 1/2 sq triangles..
Come and Visit with Angela at Super Scrappy to see what all we
scrappy quilters are up to.............
I got a [little] head start this month ;)))
Hope you are having a fun time sewing this Saturday...
Linking on Sunday to Cynthia at (click) Quilting is More fun than housework blog.
hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse ( squeezing-oranges-euse)



Looks good Julie. Love all your orange play
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, Julierose. Those are teeny!!! You are so brave. LOL I love hourglass blocks.
ReplyDeleteThose are great!! and I like all the playing!
ReplyDeleteOh my... those are teeny tiny! Great start on the orange.
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy oranges - good for you for feeling more comfortable with the triangles and hourglasses.
ReplyDeleteYour tiny hourglass blocks make me smile.
ReplyDeleteI love your hourglass blocks! So tiny! My machine chews up small bits like that, I have to make larger ones and cut them down. I love orange and your selection is gorgeous.
ReplyDeletelove those " use it all"
ReplyDeleteGood on you trying new designs. I've never made hour glass blocks and certainly wouldn't tackle those teeny ting ones!
DeleteI am with Barb - I LOVED them all - use them!
ReplyDeleteHappy Orange and February 1st! I love what you're doing here and now I must give those tiny hourglass blocks a try.
ReplyDeleteLook at those tiny hourglass blocks! Love them! Your blocks are all so warm and pretty with the orange scraps, Julierose!
ReplyDeleteGreat job of the hour glass blocks and I don't think I'd tackle those tiny blocks...
ReplyDeleteLove your orange hourglasses!
ReplyDeleteorange is such a happy color ! have fun
ReplyDeleteLovely orange blocks! Have fun ;)
ReplyDeleteI see hourglass blocks in my dreams. I've got to do something about it. You are sure getting a lot done with you scraps. Very motivating.
ReplyDeleteThose blocks look little to me! I think it's a good exercise to use up what you've got. That way you can go buy more!
ReplyDeleteLove those little hourglasses! Enjoy all your lovely orange blocks!
ReplyDeleteGreat orange blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever idea having different sizes represent different intervals.
ReplyDeleteGlad you worked out a technique and system that works for you. You sure have wonderful results to show for it.Kudos to you.
ReplyDelete2 1/2" squares - made into triangles? Boggles my mind! Pretty obvious I'm not a sane quilter. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI love that you have using different sizes in this way - and lovely, lovely oranges too.
ReplyDelete