About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, July 11, 2020

S P A M on New Blogger--WARNING


this is just a warning note to all my followers:000

I have, since moving to New Blogger, gotten a lot of really 
bad  AND EXPLICIT comments from anon people...

i have set "no anon: allowed but they are getting through anyway...
So I have reverted back to Legacy blogger...

Just be aware....

Hope you are all doing ok  
Stay safe in all ways
Julierose, La Blageuse (spamming like crazee - euse)

17 comments:

  1. I've had a few too - one of the reasons I have my blog set so I have to approve all comments. I suppose it's another thing they will have to figure out how to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed this too---some make me laugh ["wanna see my b@@bs?", some are just awful. I turn on comment moderation when it gets really bad.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started getting spam...not explicit thankfully. The problem was they were showing up on older posts. So I set mine to moderation if the comment came a few days after posting. And for whatever reason, the avalanche of spam stopped. Hope yours goes away too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I noticed just a few on mine but nothing explicit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hit with more spam than usual too, very thankful for comment moderation. I never had spam til I added Bloglovin, that's where it's all coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been getting weird comments too. They've mostly been on my older posts. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's unpleasant! I haven't noticed that happening, but now i am going to have to check if there are nasty ones I wasn't notified of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to read that you have been getting bothersome comments. We have our two blogs set to be moderated so nothing nasty should get through

    ReplyDelete
  9. I doubt it has anything to do with the new blogger platform. I get spam in spurts too. I’ll get a lot of it, written in an undecipherable middle eastern text. So far, I haven’t seen anything like what you’re talking about, but that doesn’t mean I won’t. Moderating comments helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another reason to dislike the new blogger. Where do these "people" come from anyway? Too bad they don't use their time and energy for something useful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep hitting the spam button before you delete them and that helps reroute future ano comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been on it for a couple of weeks , no problems . but a few years ago I started getting those , keep adjusting till I got rid of their filth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for info. I've noticed that too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've noticed that on other blogs also. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your troubles with spam and thanks for the warning, luckily I haven't experienced anything
    and hope it stays that way. Using new blogger and no problems, as they're going to put us all on the new system anyway I figured I might just as well go with it now.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.