About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

CHRISTMAS X THREE


Santa is all layered up and pinned;
ready for some hand quilting and 
some fancy embroidery--little stars
and such
foo-far-ols
;)))

********************************
I added Borders to "O Holy Night"
and it is in the flimsey stage 
right now 
πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
The dark top border signifies nighttime;
the sides reflect stars and moons in gold;
and the bottom is the green earth.

Backing and layering this up will be my next project...
*******************************
And the 3rd project that has been waiting in the wings forever, it seems.
is my hand made, hand sewn and hand appliqued  
Christmas Hexagons that took me 2-3 years
to finish
Now they are finally sewn into a 
L O N G
table runner.

I left the center block unadorned except for the 
ring so that I can place a Christmas 
centerpiece there.
There are three hexagon rosettes on either side.


They are hand appliqued onto a silvery, striped gray fabric.

Here are the left three
And the right three,

It just fits my tabletop;
so, I will add some sort of fancy 
edging so that it will hang over the 
table ends...

***********************************

I am still trying to finish up projects this July;
and when I am not sewing I have picked up
Jean M. Auel's 
Earth's Children Saga with:

"Plains of Passage"
where I left off years ago.
Fascinating reading...;)))

*********************************
A bit cooler here today and just now our skies have clouded over;
we may get some much needed showers later on...

Take care
Stay safe
Hugs from afar,
Julierose, La Blageuse (finishing-up-euse)






18 comments:

  1. I love Jean Auels books too and have read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really doing the Christmas in July thing. That will be great to have the new decorative pieces this coming Christmas season.
    We're hoping for rain tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Jean Auel books and haven't thought about them for awhile. Should see if the library has the series and re-read them. Of course you know I love your hexie runner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back on the finishing wagon this week I see! Christmas in July at your house. Hope you get some of that needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely table runner - and your other pieces, too. You are on such a roll -- good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas pieces are BEAUTIFUL. That Santa piece...love! I have Jean Auel's Earth's Childrens series also. It has been years since I've read them. Gosh, Julierose, you have me itchin' for some holiday stitchin' and to re-read some books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Jan Patek design pieces are right up my alley. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your Christmas in july projects. Your table runner is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh you are way ahead and ready for the Christmas Season, it's good to be organised and ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Santa is adorable. You are into your christmas items, and my autumn items are still in the planning stage! Nice that you can still hand quilt. My hand joints are too weak to do that now altho i have done the stab stitch for small areas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute projects! It will be nice to have these all finished way ahead of the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ARE going to be ready for Christmas! I need to finish a wall hanging that is or flimsy stage. I read the Jean Auel books years ago and loved them all. I rarely re read books, but hers are so full of information and imagery, I could probably read them again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All really sweet. I'm usually in no hurry for Christmas, but that would mean 2020 is almost over. Hoping for a better 2021 for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got Christmas done! Good for you! I've been working the last few days and have done no sewing at all. I'll never catch up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fun Christmas in July projects.
    I'll have to check out that book series.
    Whew, I'm glad it is a bit cooler

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am SEW loving the fact that you are celebrating Christmas in July. Happy finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many lovely projects to stitch... must be hard to pick which one to work on! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.