Purple Butterfly...(#5)
Begun
The circles are a dark purple
although the stitches look black
here....
thread I used...
I was able to sit out on the deck for an hour
stitching right after noon
time as it got warmer than it has been.
******************************************
AND...
My hydrangea is turning rosey/beige.
I will be trimming the hydrangea back again this
Fall as look at how it grew back!!↡↡↡↡
Like gangbusters!!;)))
Loving these floppy, mop heads...
Sooo pretty...
Dawn at "relaxingrobin.blogspot.com"
[I could not get the link to work!!]
suggested that I make a
wreath with the flower heads...
She is SO crafty....;)))
I would love to try that...💕
********************************
We are planning to have a fence installed
to screen us from the neighbors' Big old, rusty Blue bus
and
just a whole lot of junk left out
in their yard ...
We have a couple of fence installers coming
to give us an estimate today and
tomorrow...
We are aiming for 7 feet...
As you can see, their yard is RIGHT off of our tv room;
and during three seasons when those leaves come
down and the underbrush dies back,
all we can see are old boxes, and trash...
Not a very inspiring view......
I hope we can get it installed before all that foliage
dies back...
**********************************
For this past week I have been experiencing
"Quiltus Interruptus"
I got an SOS from my DIL that
Willa and Fiona are in
desperate NEED
of SNACK BAGS
for school...
So I made 5 for each...
[ I forgot to take photos before I wrapped and
sent them off this afternoon...];000
We had Cats & Sushi fabric,
Telephones and cartoons,
Owlets and snow fabric
And Ghastlies with roses
(the last for Halloween time
or those days when they are feeling
super "Crabby" ) hahaha
*********************************
So that has been my week....
I am not that adept at making small items like these and
it took me quite a while to get going...
but, they got done;)))
I hope your week has gone well..
Tomorrow is
TGIF
Even though we are retired, we still
love Fridays...;)))👴👵
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(back to Courthouse sewing-euse)






Lovely post. The blushing hydrangeas are gorgeous. A wreath would be beautiful.
ReplyDeleteO love the idea of reusable snack bags, tho they must mean a busy young mom has to wash and iron them each week?
The purple butterfly is so pretty. I'm sad bec we have had no migrating monarch butterflies this year, no goldenrod in the dunes to attract them. A fence sounds like a very good idea!
lizzy
Pretty stitching and pretty hydrangeas! I wonder if they grow here in dry Colorado. Of course we have to drop everything and make something when family asks! I bet they'll enjoy your fun variety of snack bags!
ReplyDeleteOh your hydrangeas are lovely. I managed to limp my little hydrangea (sans flowers) through the summer. We recently mulched it really well, and I invested in burlap and garden posts. I lose a lot of plants due to the cold wind and wind burn.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can get that fence up quickly! I remember you mentioning the eyesore bus etc in previous years. It would be nice to not have to see that.
ReplyDeleteYour butterfly looks great, and the hydrangeas are gorgeous.
I bet your snack bags are awesome. You are speedy with those butterflies. Your hydrangea are gorgeous.
ReplyDeletepretty hydrangeas! I love them too.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the fence.
The snack bags sound cute.
Pretty purple in the butterfly. The snack bags sound fun! Happy stitching outside while you can... I am finally enjoying cooler weather. My morning walk in jeans and 57 degrees the last 2 days is pure heaven!
ReplyDeleteSo nice that you had some stitching time on the deck, working on your next butterfly. A fence sounds a great idea, why would you want to keep looking at someone else's rubbish? Hope you get a reasonable quote and can get the job done soon.
ReplyDeleteI have oak leaf hydrangeas that turn pink late summer and are already brown here in Michigan. I'm never sure when to cut them back. You are progressing well on the butterflies!
ReplyDeleteAnother pretty butterfly, stitched in one of my favourite colours. We were never able to grow hydrangeas despite our best efforts. I would have loved to be able to craft with them because they're so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI love that color of hydrangea and the shape of your blossoms. My Annabelle is lime green and just a roundish flower. I cut 3 bouquets to dry and they will be in pottery vases all year.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous butterfly! Your hydrangea are so pretty. I would want a fence to block my view from trash. It will look nice there. You're the best grandmother! I'm sure Willa and Fiona will appreciate their snack bags.
ReplyDeleteat least your view will improve when they get it up, we are blessed , one across from us that falls in the list but Denice is behind our barn by a lot of feet so we can't see their back yard plus they are good neighbors
ReplyDelete