This fellow came into my sewing
room
in disguise
↡↡↡↡↡
He was dressed up as
"Starry-Eyed Jack"
;)))))
WHO KNEW????
I originally saw this little mini quilt
on Lizzy's blog
"Gone 2 The Beach"
Her version is so adorable--
I know a "squirrel"
when I see one-- hahaha
This is such an adorable Jan Patek pattern.
I am not doing needleturn applique,
(all of you who follow me know that
I cannot do that type of applique)
Instead:
I fused Jack's face together first;
(OUCHie)
and then fused it down to
my treed background...
NEXT
I will be attempting to make some Flying Geese
(actually bats in disguise)
Which I have never made before....
;)))
************************************
As a result, everything else is on
H O L D...
**************************************
And today I awoke to my
shoulder/neck ache again
so--------
I will be resting for the weekend...
[BOO]
Have a wonderful weekend...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(squirreling-euse)


How FUN! How adorable. Jack is the beast kind of squirrel, he really cheered me up during my after-no-summer gloom.
ReplyDeleteIf you haven't started your Geese yet, try the Fast four at a time method? They usually need trimming but are easy and perfect and quick. Email me for a link? Or look on YouTube.
feel better. I am limiting myself to one, or 1 1/2 hours a day machine sewing. Hard but less pain.
Poor Jack, I meant "best" not beast.
Deleteget some rest so you can sew next week, hugs
ReplyDeleteREST - I have the shoulder thing too.
ReplyDeleteAnd we have squirrels in the attic - not to happy about squirrels right now.
How frustrating to want to continue and have to put it on hold.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a restful weekend, and can get back to your squirrel soon!
ReplyDeleteThat is the perfect squirrel for October, Julierose! I love Jack's starry eyes! I hope resting is helping you with your shoulders and neck - sending good thoughts.
ReplyDeleteLove the disguise! Hope some rest and relaxation will help with the neck and shoulder pain.
ReplyDeleteAww your squirrel has stars in his eyes. So adorable! I can completely understand the sidetracking. I hope your pain goes away soon so that you can make those bats.
ReplyDeleteLOLOLOL - here's to the joy of squirrels!
ReplyDeleteI hurt my shoulder vacuuming....not any fun having pain.
ReplyDeleteWe can still stay motivated though and work on small stuff.
I like the background fabric and the border fabric is wonderful! Happy stitching.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little diversion, just in time too! I'm sorry about your shoulder/back pain. Do rest.
ReplyDeletesuper cute!!
ReplyDeleteCute wee pumpkin! You were saying 'ouch' about the fusing - is that because your fingers were too close to the iron? If so, try holding the pieces down with either a skewer (or I've used an old metal knitting needle in a pinch).
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you're in pain again...take care of you!
I love those starry eyes! Take care and feel better.
ReplyDeleteAfter we've been so good finishing our ufos, what fun to have a new project. Hooray. But sorry you have so many aches and pains from a long sewing day.
ReplyDeleteThose sneaky squirrels...Looks like you conquered the little devil and showed it who is the boss. Fun and cute finish. Hope you get some rest and feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteLove your star crossed pumpkin!! Very fresh squirrel! I hope you feel better. Sewing can be a workout!
ReplyDelete