About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

COVER FINISH, et al

 
"Winter" cover is sewn....
And
Here is the little title tag

↧↧↧↧
I used another tea-dyed
Jason Yenter selvage
for the cover title..

"A Celestial Winter"
outlined with gold beads.
This is all stitched down onto
the old, soft sheet backing
and ready to be glued to
the cover...

*******************
While I am waiting for
our next prompt on 
Wed. 21st of July--

I transferred this cute little 
farm girl embroidery 
to work on:
↴↴↴↴
Isn't she just the sweetest thing???
💝💝💝
I see her in red overalls
a light blue shirt and 
"baboushka" ;))
[Are any of you old enough
 to 
recall that word? ]

Perhaps she lives at that farm 
on my journal cover??
😉
And....
Don't you love my sneakers 
poking out at the top?  
👵😁
******************
Very hot and humid here today;
dewpoint is already up to 72
so we have the AC on...

Planning on take out grinders
for our lunch...

A no cooking day...

hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(still-stitching-euse)


 




 
                                                                                  

9 comments:

  1. "Comparison kills creativity. There is room for you. Nobody can do it with your voice, with your insight."
    --Karen Walrond--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I remember baboushkas! My babcia and mother used to wear them, and there's a picture somewhere of me at about three years all bundled up for winter weather complete with a wool baboushka. I'd rather not think of winter, celestial or otherwise right now, at least until the tomatoes are all ripened and canned into homemade salsa! But your cover is very pretty, and I like the way you've been using selvedge printings to describe the scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I remember the word baboushka though in the sense of a nest of Baboushka dolls....and an old Russian woman. =) That is a sweet little stitchery. 'Celestial Winter' looks lovely. Another pretty tag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your winter cover is so pretty with the soft colors. Isn't that nice of Jason to have the perfect titles for you on the selvages?
    As a child of the 1950s I wore a babushka too. Mostly wool types I think but a few lighter weight too for spring and fall. I have one on in our outdoor school photo in 5th grade (1950-51).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The winter cover came out great! I sure do remember baboushkas! My college roommate was Polish. She used to wear one every so often! Today was so humid. I'm not sure if we'll be getting thunderstorms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your farm cover and the farmgal is perfect too. From one farmgal to another

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover and great use of your tea dyed selvedges. The little girl is sweet. How do you transfer your downloaded designs to fabric, it always baffles me.

    love

    lizzy

    A grinder is--a sub? Italian meats and cheeses and dressing on a big bun?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cover is delightful! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this book.
    The little overall-ed girl is so cute. Yes, indeed, I wore overalls when I was little but they were not denim--some other fabric, maybe corduroy or twill. And don't forget that little scarf. My mom folded a square diagonally, put it over my head, and tied it under my chin. At that time I was too little to object but by the time I was maybe 10 I rejected it. If my memory is accurate, I think the scarf kept my ears warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun that you're finding selvedges that fit the theme.
    Is your wee girl small enough to fit in your journal? She certainly would go well with the barn.
    Try to stay cool! It hasn't been that hot here. Seems the summer heat all happened when we were away in May and since then it's been very comfortable. We haven't even bothered to install our a/c unit.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.