I have begun hand quilting
my "Pears Ojo"
It seems that my eye-hand coordination and
visual spacing of stitches have
suffered
A LOT [!!!!]
in the year I was
unable to quilt at all!!
👀😒👀
S I G H ..
But I am persevering
and slowing way down--
hoping to find my rhythm
once again...
But...
Meanwhile, I may have to
remove these beginning stitches
and start over again!!
AAargh...
****************************
We awakened to 58 cool
degrees this morning
what a relief from all
that heat and humidity
for the past 2 weeks!!
;))))))
This morning we will do our
weekly food shop
and we have a garage door
repairer coming this afternoon
as our automatic sensor
has failed--
Tom is not liking
having to lift the heavy
door at all !!
It seems that everything is
failing around here
at the same time...
windows, appliances etc. etc.
👺👾👿
Home ownership is not for
the faint of heart...
I hope you are all doing well;
take care and stay safe.
😷
hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(quilting-slowly-euse)

"Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears."
ReplyDelete--John Lennon--
Oh no! It does seem that when things decide to break they all get together and go at once. Positives are the weather change and you are able to hand quilt again! Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteTo my untrained eye, your stitching looks wonderful! I love the pretty colors in your pear quilt. Our experience is the same as yours - everything important in the house goes one right after the other - like dominoes falling! Good luck with the garage door!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your stitching skills are fine and will only get better. I know how you feel about home ownership. There's always something to fix. I had windows open this morning. So nice! Enjoy it while we can!
ReplyDeleteI think that by the time you have the rest of the quilting done, you won't even be able to find the area you think isn't good enough. And besides that, if anyone is searching all over the whole finished quilt to see if you had a mis-step somewhere, they aren't a friend. That's like the visitor to your house that is looking to see if you had to patch your wallpaper anywhere or have a slight mismatch in the pattern at the seams. They aren't invited back.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I can hand quilt at all these days. Hopefully I can still use the machine. If not, it's all over.
ReplyDeleteThis is looking lovely Julierose. I can already tell by the photo that I am going to love all of the fabrics you are using. I look forward to seeing your progress. Happy quilting.
ReplyDeleteJulierose, how I agree with your comment about things falling and constant work being needed to fix up, we are experiencing the same problems.It's a matter of prioritising isn't it really. On the bright side I'm happy to see that you're back on the hand quilting and taking it slowly.
ReplyDelete