This week,
I added a little stone wall and
the garden gate--
it is an old gate
and therefor, a bit wonky--
;)))
with grasses and
little florets on either side...
I used my Inktense Pencils to
dye a bit of green background
for the grasses...
[click to enlarge]
***********************
This afternoon I cut and sewed
binding strips for both
Crumb quilts
↶↶↶↶
the next step will be to
iron them in half;
then I will trim up the two
quilts for binding.
I used leftover border fabrics
alternating with raspberry for
Fiona's and used a light blue
for the alternate in Willa's.
I would like to get these finished
by the end of January---
but It all depends on how
my back reacts...
👿
**********************
After walking two days in a row,
I took today off to rest my back...
And
It has been another dark and gray
and rainy
day here...
I am hoping to
see the sun tomorrow...
but not holding my breath...😞
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(bit-by-bit-euse)


"Rain rain go away,
ReplyDeleteplease come back
another day..."
Children's Rhyme...
The garden path looks very inviting. Glad to hear (because you're working on the binding) that you were able to get the 2nd quilt quilted. Sorry it's a gloomy day. The sun is shining brightly here for the first time in weeks.
ReplyDeleteThe best garden quilts are always old and wonky. Love your Down The Garden Path piece thus far. Intense pencils are the pest aren't they? Hoping the sun is shining there today.
ReplyDeleteHi! Oh my, you have accomplished so much. The gate and tiny flowers are so sweet and perfect.
ReplyDeleteThe bindings are a great feeling, aren't they. I esp love the butterflies, maybe that fabric will sneak into your garden project?
We woke up to gorgeous sunshine but grey by noon. And uh oh, the wind is picking up. My back and hips are so painful, I did almost nothing this week so far. But---Remember---we must be grateful we don't have ice or snow.
love
lizzy
Lovely progress with Down The Garden Path, it's going to be a real treasure! Have fun binding Willa's quilt and enjoy the break before Fiona's, I have to say agin how much I love your choice of border fabric. Doesn't the sun, even a little, make such a difference to how we feel - hoping you can continue the walks in the sunshine.
ReplyDeleteThe sun has been a rare thing around here too, but we did get a couple days of it earlier this week.
ReplyDeleteI like your 'old gate'!!!
Garden gates look better when they are wonky. :) Love that you added the stone wall and gate, the flowers and grass look great too! We have had rain the last days, which is very welcome for our reservoirs, end of last year was very dry. I love the rain, it cools it down a bit.
ReplyDeleteYour garden gate is a neat project. So glad willa and fionas quilts are at binding stage. They are both beautuful. Its amazing what you can make out of bits and bobs
ReplyDeleteOne of these days maybe the sun will shine for a good portion of the day. That would make walking so much more pleasant.
ReplyDeleteYour stitchery project is so wonderful - love all the details you are including. YES!!
ReplyDeleteThe garden gate is looking so pretty, Julierose. The crumb quilts are close to being finishes. Hope your back feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely bindings! I really enjoy seeing your stitch projects; there's always a lot of clever and charming detail.
ReplyDelete