Fiona's reading quilt,
bound and labeled
below↶↶↶↶
Willa's reading quilt
and her label
↧↧↧↧
I used their favorite colors
for the borders and bindings.
I thought this fabric was really
cute for the labels...;)))
**************************
I have also been working
on my "Down the Garden Path";
and I have added stitching along the
rocks on the path and
some beading on the
turquoise sari ribbon.
↡↡↡↡
I am working my way down the
fabric getting background patches
sewn down.
Here is a lovely scrap that I
coffee dyed along the right side that
I used the buttonhole stitch on...
varying the width....
This is a leftover from my
Crazy quilt that was
originally all white...
We get our next prompt on the
1st Wednesday in February.
I will continue to outline the rocks on
my path and to sew it down.
I think you can see the stitching here...
I still have a lot of background edges
to be anchored down...but
I don't want to add much more
until get the next prompts...
**********************
We actually got to see the sun shine
for about 3 hours today, but the clouds
continue to come in and the wind
is whipping up this afternoon...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(resting-a-bit-euse)







I am reading:
ReplyDelete"A Taste for Death"
by P.D. James
Your granddaughters are going to love their quilts. Love what you're doing with Down the Garden Path. The rock fabric is just perfect. Love your stitching too! We had sun today too. I didn't like the wind.
ReplyDeleteBoth the reading quilts are sweet, Julie. Your grands will love curling up under these pretties looking at all the fabrics. Your garden path is coming along. Such a variety of fabulous fabrics. The buttonhole stitch of varying lengths adds a nice touch .
ReplyDeleteThe girls' reading quilts turned out beautifully, Julierose! What a great way to use your crumb blocks and then add their favorite colors for the borders. I bet they will love these and spend lots of time cuddling up and reading!
ReplyDeleteTwo LOVELY reading quilts for your little misses - and yes, those labels are super special.
ReplyDeleteThe girls' quilts are so pretty and I love the darling labels. The stitching on your Garden Path is beautiful, Julierose. Wow, the first Wednesday in February is just next week. Time is flying!
ReplyDeleteOh those little reading quilts are wonderful! You've given me an idea for possible future gifts for our grandies...hmmm.
ReplyDeleteThe girls will have so much fun looking at all of the fabrics in the blocks. They both turned out so pretty.
ReplyDeleteWhat great snuggly quilts for your young readers. Love the decorated labels. Formidable!
ReplyDeletecongrats on the finishes! Love both girls' quilts, they turned out so pretty! Cute labels too. I'm sure they will love their quilts. Nice work on your Garden Path.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on those two cute finishes! Perfect for curling up with a good book. Way to go granny!
ReplyDeleteI really like your Garden Path. I've always wanted to do a big version of my actual cottage garden mixing broderie perse, embroidery, applique and whatever else suits my fancy. One of these days...
I love the quilts, such good finishes, and how you call them reading quilts. The label is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteGarde Path is very charming and freely creative. I can tell it is fun to find and use each treasured scrap.
Sunny days ahead! Yay! Walkies w Baby Mo after early lunch now. Enjoy.
lizzy
Congratulations on the finishes, I'd love to see the girl's smiles when they see these!
ReplyDelete