Fiona's Crumb quilt
all layered up and ready for
pin basting...
Here is the close up of the border"
I love how this goes with the
lavender strips....
AND...
Here is Willa's
all layered and ready for
pin basting....
and
a close up of her border
One of my favorite
(I've been hoarding this one!!)
prints...
********************
Later on...
they are both pin basted and ready to
be machine quilted...
Tomorrow i will set up my machine
for quilting and work on these two
and my Ojos which is also ready
to be quilted...
I was going to hand quilt the Ojos--
but my hands are really
sore these days with all my other projects
on the go...
**************************
↡↡↡↡
Here is my first addition to my
"Slow Stitching"
Just a small bit of greenery using up
some of my
my lacey pieces left over from my
Crazy Quilting..
I want to add embroidered stems and
little leaf-ey things...with
fantasy wildflowers
and
do something with that
sky piece at the
top...
I left the bottom of the ruffled sari silk open
so that I will be able to begin the next prompt
there...
AND...
I have all these pieces leftover
I want to use them in this
"Down the Garden Path"
fabric snippet roll...scattering
them along the way...
I won't be buying anything for this
project,
but trying to use up what I have
on hand.
Nicki Lee's "Raviolee Dreams"
is the etsy site
where I purchased the lace bits
many years ago...She
really does beautiful work...
i have quite a pile of them:
↯↯↯↯
The pinks include a mauve-y shade
which I love...
***********************
I am continuing on knitting
my facecloths in the
evenings while watching
the tube...
*******************
Another rainy and dark gray day here...
will that Sun every come out?????
Hugs from under my bumbershoot,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(quilting-sewing-euse)







Finished reading "Radio Free Vermont"
ReplyDeleteby Bill McKibben...a fable for our times...
The quilts are wonderful. You have the BEST stash of fabrics always.
ReplyDeleteLove the laces and petties for your fabric journal.
Sky is lighter today but only two minutes of sun peeking out. But I'm so happy it is not cold, windy or icy, I won't complain.
lizzy
The border fabrics are perfect. I think I may have some of that 2nd one. And look at all your lacey things just waiting for their turn. You're going to have fun figuring it all out.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't quite envision what was going to happen with the crumb blocks. Now that I see them laid out I think they look great with the other fabrics. Those will be adorable quilts!
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to watch what's happening with your Garden Path progress. The lace pieces are beautiful!
Both of your crumb quilts are looking pretty fine! I know what you mean about sore hands with hand quilting...I've been trying to do a little bit on my UFO quilt every day but my hands are reminding me that they really don't like hand quilting. Mind you, I don't much like doing it either!
ReplyDeleteYour crumb quilts turned our so pretty, love both borders. Can't wait to see the journal done, lots of pretty laces.
ReplyDeleteJulierose I'm jumping ahead here to this latest post of yours to comment on the previous two! I see that you now Willa's quilt all ready for the quilting, she's going to love this, I do and especially your choice of fabric for the borders. Slow stitching sounds a perfect project and your first part here is beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing the extras you're going to add.
ReplyDeleteI love both the fabrics you used for bordering the girls' quilts!
ReplyDeleteBoth of your border pieces are beautiful prints. How nice to pass them on to the next generations on their quilts.
ReplyDeleteYou found perfect fabrics for borders. The two crumb quilts looks pretty good. Your slow stitching is amazing. Have a nice weekend!
ReplyDeleteThose border prints with the crumb blocks are perfection. And such beautiful bits for your slow stitching projects. You are wintering well with so many projects happening.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. hugs sweet friend
ReplyDeleteGreat border fabrics, they each work so well with your crumb blocks. But what caught my eye today were those gorgeous lace bits, such a super way to use them!
ReplyDeleteBoth gorgeous. Lucky girls for sure
ReplyDeleteThe crumb quilts finished up nicely. The girls are going to love them. The journal is looking mighty fancy. You are obviously having a great time with this project.
ReplyDelete