About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

VOLUME THREE: DOWN THE GARDEN PATH

 
I finished the base of my 
"Down the Garden Path"
for
#Roxy's Journal of Stitchery
Volume Three...
[she posts on YouTube
every Wednesday]

The first prompt is:
"Wild Flowers"

I have decided
to stitch 
vertically 
for more of a wall hanging
unrolling from my bobbin
like so--
I have pinned up the extra
length for ease of working..

Now to add the first prompt
which is
"Wild Flowers"...
and maybe some kind of sky-like
cloud formations?

This project continues
through June of this year...
with two prompts per month
{I don't know if I will be
able to stay caught up as
the cloth is quite large to
cover...}.

Stay tuned...

*************************
Cold as it was this morning --
in the low thirties with a WNW
wind---we went for a short
walk to the field
and I managed one circuit.. 
As one says: 
"Better than nothing!"
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(slow-stitching-euse)








 




9 comments:

  1. Still reading "The Rising Tide"
    by Ann Cleeves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down The Garden Path does sound as if it will be lovely. Love the idea of wild flowers embroidery. Goodness, it sounds freezing there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making progress. This is going to be a challenging project for sure. Good for you making one round. I've been wanting to go walking all week and my walking partner is down with feet problems. My husband only walks on the treadmill so I'm on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your thinking: working vertically will make something really interesting, it seems to m,e and wild flower embroidery sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you are building up the length of your walks. Fresh air is a bonus too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing you can't see me right now as I'm kicking myself for getting rid of a wonderful old bobbin that I kept for years but couldn't think of any possible use. Now I wish I had it! (btw - I made a snippet roll that I posted about on my blog several years ago and if you want to see....https://magpiesmumblings.blogspot.com/search/label/snippet%20roll

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabric journals are always lovely. I'll enjoy following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love watching your journals come to life! You always have the best ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative with your fabric journals, Julierose. Good for you on getting out there and getting a little walk in, in spite of the weather.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.