Here's a peek underneath my
side table near Helga--
Multiple scrap bags...some
sorted into colors,
a lot not!!👿
I got a bit tired of working with charms
yesterday, so this morning
I decided to try to
"Bash the scrap stash" a bit.
*********************
I pulled these out for a start
into light and darker colors:
they are mostly strips and
smaller pieces
And here is what I am doing with them:
↴↴↴↴
I am making some totally random
log cabins with the centers
all red and on point...
This is just really mindless
and relaxing sewing--
as I am sewing them on a fabric
foundation which is an old
pillow case cut into 7.5" squares...
I am just grabbing and sewing--
no over thinking or
"matchey-matchey-ing"
;))))
[if that isn't a word,
it should be-- haha].
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
This afternoon Tom and I will
be watching
Formula One (F1)
Canadian Grand Prix
practices 1 & 2...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Sunday, Father's Day,
Candice will be coming
for lunch with us...
Always look forward
to that💖...
Hugs to all
Julierose, La Blageuse
(still-scrappy-after
all-these-years-euse)



Re-reading Agatha Christie's "Hickory Dickory Death"
ReplyDeleteIt's a good one...just love her dialogues...;)))
These are really pretty! I like them set on point like that. Enjoy your sewing time, Julierose!
ReplyDeleteI have so many scraps and I never seem to ever make a dent in them. I hope your method gets rid of your scraps! I hope your husband has a great Father's Day!
ReplyDeleteThe Log Cabins look great. I've been working on assembling a scrap quilt. It's no beauty but it sure feels good to use up a bunch of fabric stacked in the corner. I like the idea of using an old pillowcase for foundation fabric. Sounds like you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteMy mother taught me log cabin on foundation fabric.
ReplyDeleteClever solution to the ever-growing scrap pile!
ReplyDeleteYou always keep things so fun.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!
ReplyDeleteOh, those cabin blocks are wonderful! What a good use for those scrappy strings.
ReplyDeleteYou have to start out with a cleared table for scrap sewing. When I do my crazy piecing I have the whole cabinet surface covered with sorted piles. Your blocks are pretty and they look like fun to make.
ReplyDeleteLog Cabin blocks are always winners, using pieces from your scrap bags is a great way to go.
ReplyDeleteHappy Father’s Day to Tom. Cute plan for your scraps. It’s amazing how many we stuff into sacks and how many inventive ways we can find to use them up if we try.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! I love that you used red centers to help unify the variety of colors and fabrics in the strings. I also like that they're on-point. Very fun.
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose. Those log cabins blocks look great. You are making good use of those scraps. I hope you have been well. We bought a new construction home in April and I've been absent from blogland. Hoping to catch up this week and maybe post next. Hope Tom had a lovely Father's Day!
ReplyDelete