About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, December 1, 2023

CHRISTMAS CAME TO VISIT US TODAY...

I took out a few of my Christmas pieces 
this afternoon...

Strictly speaking, the red/white piece
is not a Christmas one;
 I made this
with Lori at her Humble Quilts
QAL quite a while back--
but it just "looks like" 
Christmas to me ;))
My little reindeer likes to
rest upon it...
and
my Christmas Fabric 
Journal from
last year with Roxy's 
Journal of Stitchery
SAL keeps him company...

Also my "Dancing Santa" table topper
made its entrance...
It is sitting on top of our cocktail table in front of
our fireplace...
I love that Santa fabric...;))) 
this is a really old piece I made 
before we moved here....


and
"Angels We Have Heard on High"
hangs in my dining room...

This was from selected parts of
a Jan Patek pattern..
that I made a few
years ago...
I love its Prim-style simplicity...

Last but not least is just a little 
piece of fabric from my very
old stash that I made into a 
side-table topper...
I am a big fan of "Old World Santas"
this is an old piece and not quilted...
when I first began sewing...

************************
Today Tom and I went for our walks
and I saw this beautiful tree
with just a few of its
remaining leaves shining
in these lovely colors...

Deep maroons, rusts, and golds of
all hues--this picture just
doesn't capture how
brilliant the colors appeared...
but I wanted it to add to
my Junque Journal as the
ending page for November..

********************
We plan on setting up our two little
tabletop trees over this coming
weekend --I am still hunting for 
tiny ornaments..

I hope your house is" 
"...beginning to look a lot
like Christmas..."
Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(",,,fa la la la la,
laaaa la, la laaaa...")









 

7 comments:

  1. What pretty quilts you have! Emily and I are trimming the tree tonight and I'll get out my snow globes. I hung some new Quilts in my office that are more wintery - snowmen and snowflakes. I'll do the rest of the house tonight. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. So much cuteness. Enjoy your weekend Julierose. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas quilts are beautiful. I'm sure they make your home look festive. I can't put up too much. I'm waiting for the painters to leave, hopefully in a week. It's always fun to decorate the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas no Christmas quilts in my house, at least not that I can remember having though. It's been a couple years since I bothered hauling out the decorations but I plan to do that later today primarily to go through everything and get rid of a lot of 'stuff' that I don't really care about. I'm hoping to downsize the tree ornaments by half so we can get a smaller tree that fits in the space we have without having to move furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven’t begun to pull out Christmas here but soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always so nice to get our Christmas quilts out again, it's like meeting up with old friends again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some very cute Christmas table toppers. It’s always nice to start the Christmas display.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.