About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, December 18, 2023

CRUMB BLOCKS, et al--Sewing on a Stormy Monday

 

After making the Christmas Ojos for a while,
I wanted to use up the crumbs and cut-offs
from those...
The "crumb" works are on the right above

Below are some closer up pix↧↧↧↧

And these
Will I just set them all together, or make them
into separate blocks with a sashing...????
Stay tuned,,,,,

*****************************
I am now making some more Ojos with golden centers...
They take quite a while to put together...
in groups of 4...
on telephone paper 4" squares...

*******************************
We seem to be in a lull at noon here
from the storms that hit us.
We had a "white knuckle"
drive over the CT River Bridge 
this morning to my 
Clinic appointment.

Looking outside now it seems impossible
that the storms have totally cleared up
and the sun is shining brightly...
P H E W 
glad that's over with...
I am not a fan of driving on bridges to
begin with, so i was really happy
that Tom drove us..
👫

This afternoon is for resting up
with a leftover meatloaf for
dinnertime...
so no cooking today...
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(can-you-believe-only-7
days-til-Christmas-euse?)



12 comments:

  1. Going to sit , sip tea, and crochet away this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goad you survived your trip over the bridge and into the city, and got hom unscathed. Leftovers for an easy dinner in alway a bonus, no cooking day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went out today and wished I had stayed home! The roads were tough to navigate. I can't imagine going over a bridge. I'm glad you're safe and sound. Your projects are coming together nicely. I love the golden centers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are staying busy with new "ojos'. The golden ones are a nice combination. I looked up the Connecticut river because I knew I had ancestors in that area. They were in the New London area in the 1600's, lots of native Americans in the area. I can't imagine how hard it must have been. Your crumb blocks look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Ojos and crumb blocks too. Glad you made it to/from the clinic in the storm. We are in the beginning of the cyclone (hurricane) season. So far no cyclone is formed in the area, usually not before the beginning of the year and then it goes on to April. Worried what this season will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your storm wasn't as bad as our weatherman said you should expect. I'm not a fan of driving on bridges either. We had some sunshine today too although only in high 20s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your ohos and crumbs. DIL's parents had a storm surge that filled their yard up to the house - higher than any of the recent hurricanes (SC near border with NC). Glad your storm came and went without TOO much distress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are fun and look relaxing.

    The bridge drive sounds very scary! Like you I am not a fan a driving over large bridges. Glad you got to your appt and home ok.

    The storm clouds left late afternoon, but then the wind picked up. Huge waves, biggest I have ever seen except for during an active hurricane. One of my NOAA reports said 20' waves, w a full maritime [no boats] advisory. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Christmas-y colours in your projects and it was fun to see the closeup of some of the fabric choices. You have a good collection to work with!
    Glad you got to and from your appointment safely. I'd be white knuckled going over that bridge too. Work up to snow this morning but don't know if it will stay for Christmas because the temps are supposed to rise later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love the crumb blocks. there's nothing more fun than taking those left overs and sewing without worry making scrappy blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smart to use your crumbs right away. It's good to move them out before they fray too much.
    Your Ojos work nicely. These smaller sizes work better than larger ones, don't they.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blocks. I dislike bridges too in bad weather.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.