About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, December 8, 2023

DECEMBER BEACH WALK, et al

 

Looking out from beneath the railroad tunnel onto our beach....

Brilliant sunshine blinds me, but my little phone camera
captures the view beautifully anyway....
serendipity...;))))

Storms have washed a lot of seaweed up on the
shoreline in long curved swathes...

In the distance you can just make out
geese swimming while honking loudly.

We haven't been down here all Summer long; 
in fact it's been way too long....

This walk in requires that my back is 
in good shape; a friend tells me that just
beside the tunnel is a bench for
sitting; and so, I am able to make
the trek....

I walk the shore once with Tom and then sit
gazing out to sea and smelling that wonderful
salty air while he does his three tours....
The bright sunshine keeps me warm....

There is just something about the ocean
that is so calming....

*********************************
I hung up my JOY banner in
our little entrance hallway
yesterday....
I had such fun putting this together...
I used up most of my mini charms
on it...my morning walk has given
me 
JOY...

My Grand-mere crocheted the lace
across the  top and 
I collected the 
driftwood and shells...

The reverse fabric is an old fashioned winter
scene that reminds us of old 
Currier and Ives prints.  
I will turn it over for the days after
Christmas until the first 
daffodils emerge in the Spring..

I hope JOY has visited you today...
Hugs, 
Julierose,
La Blageuse
(enjoying-the-day-euse)








12 comments:

  1. Reading the latest Ellie Griffiths Ruth Galloway book:
    "The Last Remains"--
    I received a large print edition in error, but I like that it is
    very easy to read as it turns out...;))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, indeed! We had our guild Christmas party today with over 80 in attendance. A great time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read somewhere that this is the last Ruth Galloway book. I've only read the first one so far. It's good that you were able to get out for a beach walk and that you knew enough to stop and rest while Tom finished his rounds.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely photos of the beach. It has been ages since I have visited the beach, but I do love the sights, sounds and smells. Your "Joy" banner is so beautiful. I wish you a very lovely weekend, Julierose. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Julie. Did you find the bench? Looks like good beachcombing under all that seaweed, any treasures? I agree that the sea air is so invigorating, I'm so glad you made it to your beach. Truly lovely.

    JOY is a delight, how pretty it looks, perfectly displayed.

    I guess the latest Ruth G book deserves a reread, I rememebr it being quite good.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beach and winter somehow don't go together in my mind but then I've lived in landlocked Illinois all my life. I'm glad you got there one a nice day to walk.
    Your Joy hanging looks so pretty. That is a good idea to have a backing that goes with the rest of winter for double duty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty view! Definitely would be a lovely place to enjoy a walk on a nice day.
    I'm sure your banner does give you joy every day when you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Son called AND I got to see your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree - the ocean is very calming and that is a beautiful view. I am so glad they put that bench there so you can go and enjoy it! Your JOY wall hanging is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO happy you were able to spend some time on your beloved beach - I grew up near an inland lake and still relish time near the water. Your JOY banner is really special - and all the better for being scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending joyful holiday greetings, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love walking by the ocean. Need to find a day to drive out to the coast for a longer walk.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.