About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, June 28, 2024

TWO QUILTLETS FINISHED, et al

 

My machine sewing thread arrived yesterday
so i was able to finally bind my
"August Zinnia"...

I used some leftover dotty strips for the 
binding in various colors
I liked how the colors mimicked the circle....

And:

"Hugs & Kisses"
is also all bound
I was able to find some 
garden-like fabric for the borders
and used up
the rest of my green/white
hydrangea fabric to bind this one...
I even like how the back came out...
I have just a very few strips of that pretty
rose fabric left....
I hope to showcase in somehow in
a future project....

****************************
Here is a picture of blocks from 
that I'd like to try...

I think they are just darling
;)))))

******************************
Our weather has cooled down a whole lot
overnight....
Only 51 this morning and now a 
low DP of 50 has led to our
deck sitting...

I hope you have a wonderful
weekend....and can get some
fun sewing time...

hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(finishing-up-euse-projects)









12 comments:

  1. Taking it slow and easy for a few days...hands starting to complain, so no handwork over the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels so good to have a finish and you have two! I love the hydrangea binding - so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty finishes! You found ideal fabrics to complete them.
    Enjoy your weekend and look after your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is 2 great finishes! I love the Hugs and Kisses. The hugs look like roses and the kisses the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hand quilting and bindining are so beautifully done. The Zinnia's quilting is spectacular, just gorgeous.

    Now rest those poor hands a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors and stitching in your August Zinnia quilt are just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finishes! Your stitching gives these quilt such great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful finishes you have! Those blocks are cute and it will be fun to see what you do with them. Enjoy that cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope your hands start feeling better, Julierose. A weekend rest sounds like it may do the job. You have been so very busy. Beautiful job on August Zinnia and Hugs and Kisses(it looks so delicate). It was such a joy to follow your progress on each one. Have a great day and take care. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. More beautiful quilts, Julierose. You have an amazing fabric collection!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.