About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, June 3, 2024

MAKING PROGRESS, et al

 

I have added a couple more rounds, stitching as I go...
the corners are the most puzzling for me...
All those raw edges to be covered....
But I am learning as I go...
and
I decided to add a few fabric repeats to
try to get a bit of coherence to this if
I indeed can...
I still have to decide if I want a 
"special" piece for the center????

******************************
Meanwhile...

I have finish making my 
Pink Ojos--for now...
since I am just using scraps only and
not delving into my stash, I am
running out of options 
for blocks...
I have these pinned only
up on my wall...
I will be sewing these together 
this week...
probably
rearranged.
***********************
And  while searching
for any errant "pinks"
in one of my scrapbags,
I came across these 
small, little dresden fan pieces...
probably from an old project that
I had abandoned...
So...
here they are sewn together
I am thinking of setting them in a corner
of some blocks...
I have yet to figure out 
what size square
for these...
And I also found some  smaller
circles I had made that could
work with them...for the
small end arcs...

And so, 
another little project 
has emerged...

*************************
Today dawned hot and pretty humid.
We took off early to take our walk/stroll
along the CT River boardwalk...
but...the "no-see-ums" were so
bad that we cut it short.

Even the fishermen out 
there said they had to
cover up as they
 were getting 
"eaten alive"!!

YUCK!!!

We have our AC on and it feels
really good to be in dryer air....

Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(making-slow-progress-euse)





6 comments:

  1. I am now reading--just started really--
    "The Haunting of Maddy Clare"
    by Simone St. James
    so far, so good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Kawandi is coming along great. There was quite a learning curve for me when I attempted to make one. It's good to do something a little more challenging once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making good progress on your Kawandi. I'm sure you'll figure out your corners. I think it's fun that you found a "new" project to work on! Our air conditioning was on today too. I don't think it was quite as humid for us though. It was just a pretty warm day overall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was humid here today too ; it is hard to stay out very long. Your Kawandi is looking amazing; I am enjoying watching your progress on this. Love those pink Ojos and those adorable little fans. Have a great evening, Julierose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to find some pieces already cut that you can make into something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting to watch your project grow, but I have to say it looks quite puzzling (literally!). I like the look though, but I don't think I'll be attempting it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.