About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

KAWANDI FINISH....

 

Blue Kawandi is finished...
I am glad I tried this in a small size.;))))

Pros to making one:
when you're done you're done--no
layering, or binding...

Cons (for me anyway):
Too hard on my hands stitching
through all those layers
and;
too many decisions 
for my olde brain.
👹


I will say that I have enormous respect for
the Siddi women and anyone who
 makes these in
big  sizes...just amazing!! 

It was a fun challenge 
for me...and I used up
a lot of blue scraps, too;))).
And....
It fits just so well on my
cocktail table in front
 of our fireplace...

Blue Kawandi is finished....

{and so am I;))) }

Hugs, 
Julierose,
La Blageuse
(back-to-regular-quilting-euse)



14 comments:

  1. Resting after the Kawandi challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to try something different now and then to know if it is anything you would want to make more of. That is a nice usable size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo on the finish, Julierose! Kawandi looks amazing!It sounds like it a fun and interesting challenge and what a lovely selection of blues that you used. Love the dragonfly fabric. Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out so cute. Glad you persisted - not you can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project is delightful. I love the litle corner flower tassels. I was expecting many rows of boro like quilting tho? Or like Kantha?

    I love the way you are so fearless, always trying something new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried one of these, yours looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finish with the Kawandi! I did make a start on one ages ago but I should have gone with a smaller size, the original is languishing in a drawer - unfinished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that was a quick finish and it looks great! I have yet to try a kawandi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learned this method from Sujata Shah and I made two of them. My hands were not particularly happy with me so I've never made another. Good for you for giving it a go but also for knowing a single small one is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your finish! It looks great on your cocktail table. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! It looks wonderful.
    (One of the Kawandi tutorials I saved is for machine-sewn. Less authentic but easier on the hands!)

    A Kawandi outside-to-inside design might be fun to try for one of your journals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done you! Of course you know I love it because it's blue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely finish, Julierose. And I liked reading your pros and cons. I've always wanted to try this technique. And like you, have such respect for the women who make very large items using it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Julierose. Kawandi turned out to make a lovely table topper.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.