To the right is my sky fabric which I have
"invisible basted" down--
for my next page which I am calling:
"Earth, Sky"
"Earth" layers upon the sky---
yet to be sewn and decorated.
I crinkled up the old sari ribbon and
added metallic beads on the
ribbons; all were laid over
the "gray soil" fabric to mimic
the earth...and its core...
Here is what the two facing pages
will look like...I will be doing some
satin stitching on some of the
sky's clouds to add a bit of definition...
[I would like to figure out how to add
title labels to each page also..
any suggestions??.]
******************************
And...
Here are a few of my front garden bloomers:
Every year, like clockwork,
my beautiful lavender
blooms and attracts many
bumblebees...;
AND...
My big corner lily is all budded out;
I hope after last night's 2" of rain that
it will be blooming soon....
I have a question for you:
Our entire yard, front and back,
is loaded with clover--But,
why haven't we seen
any bees gathering their honey?????
Is our honey bee population in trouble?
does anyone know???
Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(still-stitching-euse)








Re-reading:
ReplyDelete"Murder Room" by P>D> James
[I am waiting for a couple of new-to-me [first in the series] books to come in the mail...]
You have beautiful flowers, Julierose. I hope the honey bees aren't in any trouble...we NEED them.
ReplyDeleteI love your art needlework book. What if you printed the tiny labels, maybe tea distress the paper--then glue in or running stitch them on? Or, one page as an index list?
ReplyDeleteYour garden and flowers are so lovely. I m glad the winds missed you and your lilies are doing so well.
Maybe the bees like the lavender better? I think honey bees are endangered everywhere, but all you can do is what you are ding. Clover lawns are good for them.
I never read PD James, a fave of my mom's, maybe good summer reads? Recc to me and I did read it, Tom Lake? by Ann Patchet.
And just awful, but again, I bought it so I read it, Swan Song Elin Hilderbrand.[ women's fiction, not crime].
Hope you're feeling well?
love
lizzy
I always enjoy seeing the things you are working on. So creative.
ReplyDeleteI hope the bees are just slow getting started this year. It's been an unusual year weather wise, I hope it didn't cause problems for them.
Your flowers are beautiful! I love this time of year. I love seeing your creativity in your needlework book. Can you stitch any words in place of labeling?? I'm not sure it would work, just a thought!
ReplyDeleteYour Earth and Sky is gorgeous, Julierose. I love the use of sari ribbons scrunched up. How about stamping or handwriting a label on fabric and then use hand decorative stitches to attach to the pages or different types of labels for each page . Maybe little tags? Just spitballing here. LOL. Your garden and yard certainly looks like a honeybee's paradise. I hope the bees return to your garden soon. Have a great weekend. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThis book is shaping up nicely! For titles, maybe stamp on a length of ribbon and stitch one end to each page, allowing the other end to be loose? Flowers ae beautiful, too. And yes, I believe honey bees are having challenges. But you have plenty for them if there are any in your area.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are so pretty. Lilies really add a spark to the garden.
ReplyDeleteI have a lot of clover in my backyard too. I saw a lot of bumblebees in the spring but haven't seem many bees or butterflies since. There is a honeybee shortage due to some disease in the hives awhile back plus their natural habitats being destroyed for more housing.
Re labels for your pages - I often will iron a piece of freezer paper to fabric and then run it through my printer. Just make sure there are no loose threads anywhere and be sure the edges are pressed down really well. I then heat set the printing with my iron. I've heard you can tape fabric to a piece of paper and run that through the printer but I've been leery to try it. Freezer paper is my friend.
ReplyDeleteYou could also try using a fine Micron marker and writing your notation onto fabric.
I love your fabric pages! And the photo was very clear so I could enlarge it and marvel at the beading and stitching! What about writing some words on the pieces?
ReplyDelete