About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, July 8, 2024

BATTING BOOK CONTINUES.....et al

 

Pages 3 & 4 of my batting book journey:
I call:
"Japanese Autumn"

A closer look at my stitching around
these cut out and laid on circles...
Little vignettes cut from a favorite
older fabric...

I did more stitching on this page than the
facing one...

Here, I felt that the lovely cloth
spoke for itself and I didn't 
need to add anything more....

I am continuing to do two page
spreads
throughout this book...

Here is the beginning of the
next two pages
{5 &6}
pinned in place...
↧↧↧↧
The "roses" fabrics 
and the center piece of linen napkin
have been coffee dyed by me....

I will invisible baste all the pieces in place
before deciding on any stitching....
these fabrics "cross" over the pages...
with the double circle in the center...

*************************
It is so HOT and HUMID
here again today....
I will go out for a short trip
to the post office to mail off
birthday cards to my twin
grandsons who turn 
21!!!!!!!!!
on the 13th of this month...
😨😯

How did this happen
so quickly?????

I will go.....
From car AC to
 P.O. AC 
and then back to
home AC...

************************
Tonight's menu is leftover
chicken and rice casserole
from Saturday's meal...
so no cooking...
😁😂💖

Hugs,
Julierose,
La Bageuse
(Staying-cool-euse)










 

12 comments:

  1. Reading "Standing in the Shadows"
    by Peter Robinson
    [A DCI Banks Novel]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your journal, Julierose. You are so creative with the pages. We just made our meal plan for the week. Always looking for something that won't heat up the kitchen. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been watching DCI Banks on Acorn (or Britbox?), though they're pretty dark so we alternate with more 'cheerful' detective tales (My Life is Murder is great!). Do you have a special place for all these wonderful hand-made books?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embroidery embellishment on your Japanese circles. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Japanese Autumn pages are beautiful, Julierose. The fabrics are so lovely as are your decorative stitches. Great beginning on pages 5 & 6. I love that you are using pieces of a linen napkin in this one- so creative. Enjoy ! I look forward to seeing the next pages. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely way to showcase some gorgeous fabrics. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal pages are coming out great! You pick the cutest fabrics to add to each page. I actually cooked dinner tonight and put on the oven. I wish I hadn't. I didn't think it could get any hotter but it surely did!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great journal. I love the fabrics and themes. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm liking your latest journal book most probably because it's fabric and stitching.
    Trying to stay cool here too - had lots of rain earlier today and that has helped, at least for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your journal is looking great! Stay cool in these temps. We left VT just in time this year and missed all the flooding. It is worse than last year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an unusual project, so pretty and creative. So you have a special bookshelf for your lovely journals?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your batting book looks great. Lots of interesting fabric, shapes, and stitching to look at and admire.
    Best to stay in AC as much as possible on these hot, hot days.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.